Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Congrats Ren. Looks like a nice place. :)

I was out mowing the grass last week. Getting ready to start veggies.

Have fun keeping busy ...

Thanks m00n! I was hoping to get started on the landscaping this weekend, but I've been ill this week. Maybe next weekend.

Hope all's well with you and yours, my friend. :)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I will have to take some pictures of the house me and the girlfriend have purchased and are moving in to at the end of the month! (we're all so grown up!)
you noob.

you can't purchase a home with just a girlfriend.
that's financial suicide.

I hope you're planning to wife that bitch :p

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY[/m]

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Son. Nice.

This thing is fucking awesome. I've barely had it out of the box for 24 hours and I've already finished a full track and recorded an artist on it in the studio. The kits, plugins and samples/content that come in the box seem endless and they're actually good! I've already made a bunch of good drum loops that will probably become tracks in the near future. Between producing tracks for other artists and recording them I'll probably make back the money I spent in a month.

This was $600 well spent :tup:

I should have bought this first. It's a lot more useful than my MM6 (considering I'm no master pianist) and forget about writing good drumlines on a keyboard. The MM6 has some nice instruments built-in and it's a great MIDI controller, otherwise I'd probably go get my $500 back.

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
This thing is fucking awesome. I've barely had it out of the box for 24 hours and I've already finished a full track and recorded an artist on it in the studio. The kits, plugins and samples/content that come in the box seem endless and they're actually good! I've already made a bunch of good drum loops that will probably become tracks in the near future. Between producing tracks for other artists and recording them I'll probably make back the money I spent in a month.

This was $600 well spent :tup:

I should have bought this first. It's a lot more useful than my MM6 (considering I'm no master pianist) and forget about writing good drumlines on a keyboard. The MM6 has some nice instruments built-in and it's a great MIDI controller, otherwise I'd probably go get my $500 back.

Even though you got it down faster than I did, I smell a collab in the works.....

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Yep, they do.

I just got home with a white Native Instruments Maschine MK2 :D

Native-Instruments-Maschine-MK2-White[1].jpg

My studio is nearly complete.

That's wicked man!
I have the original black one sitting here. Everytime I play around with it my mind is just blown away by the possibilities :lol:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I managed to wear down an adonised aluminium mousepad...

The thickness of two pieces of paper, and it costs less than £10. Amazing mousemat. Also grabbed some new mouse feet (Corepad Skatez) for my Abyssus. Makes me realise just how badly worn my old mousepad and mouse feet were :(

razer_sphex_main_img.jpg

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
More studio stuff!

Sterling Audio ST69 Tube Condensor

We were gonna go with the Blue Spark, but after careful consideration I decided we should go all-out and get a true studio mic.

ST69%20TUBE-thumb2BlowUpImage.jpg

Ultimate Support Pro-T-T

PRO-T-T_1_RG.jpg

LiveWire HA04 4-Way Headphone Amp

live_wire_solutions_ha04___1.png

Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter

51rXuc5WoqL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

... And another pair of Audio Technica ATH-M30s, in case we need them.

AudioTechnica-ATH-M35_610x429.jpg

My roommate has loaned me the use of his Gemini PT2400 turntable and a pre-amp, so we can sample vinyl properly.

gemini_pt2400.jpg

Finally, I bought a 15' gold-plated XLR cable for the microphone and a few TRS patch cables to connect it all together with my existing TASCAM interface.

Next up is to rent a studio space, build a vocal booth, and buy a mixing console. Oh, and I need to buy a decent laptop to run my Maschine for live performance. Oh, and I really should build another mixing rig for the studio so my gaming rig isn't held hostage by tons of samples and huge DAWs. Oh, and we're going to need a bigger interface with more channels. But that stuff isn't necessary just yet.

After today I have about $2300 ($3300 if you include the cost of my existing PC) invested in this. But hey, if you're gonna do it, might as well do it right and go all-out. Right?

Here's a short list of everything I've bought for the studio so far with prices:

Yamaha MM6 61-key Synth Workstation ($500)
Native Instruments MASCHINE MKII ($600)
Stering Audio ST69 Tube Condensor ($440) (MSRP $1299 or $599 depending on which site you check. I got it on sale and used a coupon get an additional 12% off.)
2 Pairs Audio Technica ATH-M30s ($70 ea/$140)
A pair of Alesis studio monitors ($50, half-off MSRP)
TASCAM US144 MKII 4-in/4-out interface ($130)
Ultimate Support Pro-T-T ($90)
Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter ($70)
LiveWire 4-Way Headphone Amp ($50)
M-Audio MIDISport USB MIDI chipset ($35) (and which I haven't even used.)
Enough patch cables to run from here to D.C., I've probably spent at least $200 on cables.

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Here's a short list of everything I've bought for the studio so far with prices:

Yamaha MM6 61-key Synth Workstation ($500)
Native Instruments MASCHINE MKII ($600)
Stering Audio ST69 Tube Condensor ($440) (MSRP $1299 or $599 depending on which site you check. I got it on sale and used a coupon get an additional 12% off.)
2 Pairs Audio Technical ATH-M30s ($70 ea/$140)
A pair of Alesis studio monitors ($50, half-off MSRP)
TASCAM US144 MKII 4-in/4-out interface ($130)
Ultimate Support Pro-T-T ($90)
Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter ($70)
LiveWire 4-Way Headphone Amp ($50)
M-Audio MIDISport USB MIDI chipset ($35) (and which I haven't even used.)
Enough patch cables to run from here to D.C., I've probably spent at least $200 on cables.

You are set man.
Seriously set.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
EDIT: Oh, and I forgot the keyboard stand because I never use it, so add another $80 or whatever for that.

You are set man.
Seriously set.

I wish I could send you some samples but right now I'm working exclusively with one artist. I'm currently concentrating all of my work on his debut album, everything he's using is going to be copyrighted and he's using everything I'm writing so I'm not really at liberty to release anything until the album is done. We should be wrapping up in a couple of weeks. Once that's done I can start doing collab work and start putting stuff up on Soundcloud and Bandcamp and the like.

I'll be happier when I have a proper studio space, but what I've got going now works fine. Check it out!

lYsJ7Vh.jpg

GdNjS37.jpg

Last edited: