So... which official 2kX maps do you want back?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Only map in UT2k4 that is a classic for me is rankin and I don't think it would be as great without dodge jumping as someone already said, not being able to double dodge across the huge gaps on the top level.
I'd much rather see new content than rehashed maps any day. Maps I specifically DON'T want to see:
Antalus
Citadel
Bridge of ****e
Thorns/and action (just because they had to be mentioned :p)
and 99% of the UT2k3 content.

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
driving the convoy vehicles would be fun, but like theyre more designed to be infiltrated than be solid pieces of vehicles(like its got lifts and opening doors and stuff)... if you can drive it and they can infiltrate it and you can crash it into cliffs and everything inside it gets messed up, which might not be impossible when they have good enough physics...

or better yet, like a conquest map where the vehicle is moving, but players can not directly control it because its course is pre-programmed, but other vehicles can spawn at locations near to it and you can catch up with it on fast vehicles , or spawn inside the bay near the back of the repair vessel and kind of get dropped out the back...

say, at the speed that the convoy vehicles are supposed to be moving, how long do you think that it would take for them to go across the distance of a big onslaught map like dria

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
I personally prefer for Epic Staff to focus on new content. Since the community has awesome Skills for mapping, and I know they WILL map the most beloved scenarios

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Twisted Metal said:
None, I don't want recycled material I want a brand friggin new game. Let the community make the remakes of old maps.

Heres the problem with making sequels, you have to have JUST the right blend of stuff from the old game/s, and new stuff altogether so as not to make it the same game with betta graphics.

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Bot_40 said:
Only map in UT2k4 that is a classic for me is rankin and I don't think it would be as great without dodge jumping as someone already said...

Hehe, check this out:
http://www.slainchild.dsl.pipex.com/unreal-map-DM-Rankin+.zip

That's DM-Rankin+.unr. :eek:

As far as I can tell it's not even remotely botpathed, but it seems OK to me. :)

Starting to look to me like Rankin may well be UE2's Deck.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Antalus,Plunge,asbestos,brigde of fate,citadel,maul,inferno screw the rest of the maps
thogh i'm not sure if you can havee all the arborea maps with no gen'mokai coming back.