solid shapes into sheets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeTHicAL

Mar 5, 2001
alberta
members.nbci.com
I hate to sound so dorky, but if anyone who codes the editor is listening, I'd like to offer a suggestion that may be useful to myself and others. It would be helpful to me if there were a tool that would convert solid brushes into shapes that are made from sheets. I know, I've tried all the other ways (invisible collision hulls, etc.) and they don't look right to me.

As we all know, sheets (like decorations) run more smoothly in the game. It is an arduous task to create, say, a cylinder from sheets because you need to deal with pivot points which are a pain, and rotating and scaling is beyond the call of duty for anyone who tries this. It would be a real sweet thang for me if they would just make it possible to make sheets out of solid brushes.

I don't ask for much, just sheets out of solid brushes!

As far as Studio Max is concerned, all of the polygons that I get when importing objects from Studio Max come out as triangular. I cannot deal with triangular polygons when sheets in the editor are square.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
like Mychaeel says, add a brush as a non-solid and all the polys will behave like sheets.
For an existing world brush, do 'polys > to Brush' and the red builder brush will take on the same shape.
For an open cylinder of sheets , use the Panorama builder from my site :)