Wow..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I just reinstalled U1 on this new comp the other day and played a ton of it today. Just wow, still hard to believe that U1 is actually FIVE years old! This is the farthest I've gotten on it in quite some time. Heh, and I used to think the Titan after Chizra was difficult. I always loved the Mercenary base, one of the coolest levels imo.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Hyrulian Hero said:
w00t! Unreal r0x0rz !! \o/ :rockon:

By the way, on Monday I started playing Unreal again from the beginning.
I am currently on the "Terraniux Underground" map.

yeah that's one of my favorites. Quake 2 sure could never have rendered that level! :D co-op sounds fun :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
yes.. co-op can be fun. If there aren't any tards running around.

Anyway, seems like there are plenty who realllly dislike terraniux :D but hell no, it's a nice level.
I still hate the merc shield though (apparently nothing can penetrate it).

You think titans are though? Oh, there are worse monsters out there. Trust me, there are :D

For unreal co-op, try "darktroopers". I think it still runs AKcoop2. Eh, expect a challenge. (Although akcoop is better than akcoop2)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
But what about the nali statue? It's nice, although unnecessary... I prefer hunting for weapons and goodies :B

btw digitalpixe, if you ever plan on playing ut coop I know this insane mod called "unreal arcade"... bet you'd love it.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Co-op

Me and Jolt1r literally ran throught it in a couple of hours. U hardly get any opposition in the first maps, is there any way to make the coop more difficult?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Lol :D yes, there is.

First off all get the Dkmaps. Those are co-op optimised. Thing is, I don't know where you can get them from. I used to but the maps are no longer hosted there. So you'll have to download them from the servers.

There are also mods which increase the difficulty level a lot:

AKcoop
Adds some though monsters. You'll have your hands full trying to defeat/outsmart them.

Unreal Arcade
I think this is the thoughest one. For UT co-op though. It makes monsters randomly spawn near you. Doesn't matter where you are in the level, they'll be there. Most of the times in packs.

You'll have to check the filez-ut lity napali section. Necessarily downloads are the core, coresystem packages (and 414 patch).

The levels are UTLNp (return to napali Ut co-op edition. Also more challenging than unreal itself.)

And play the game on skill 255:

in console type: switchcooplevel nyleve?difficulty=255 (for example)

And also try Xidia gold.

Digitalpixie: It's more fun when you hunt a packhunter, and then get radiance :D
Or frag one of those evols.. (arg, they're worse in akcoop than akcoop2)

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
NeoNite said:
But what about the nali statue? It's nice, although unnecessary... I prefer hunting for weapons and goodies :B

btw digitalpixe, if you ever plan on playing ut coop I know this insane mod called "unreal arcade"... bet you'd love it.

Most things in AKcoop2 are configurable.. For example the server sets what the naligod has in it Or if it doesnt want naligods they can be left out of the maps altogether..
Monsters, weapons, allow deathunters, inventory, etc are pretty much all configurable.. Once its released youll get an idea of what its capable of.

The version on DT's at the moment is beta1 but Im just about complete with beta2. Evols wont be a problem now rebels have had a complete workover. But basically you can make the game as hard as you want.. Or easy if youre that way inclined...

Cheers
as

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Asgard said:
Most things in AKcoop2 are configurable.. For example the server sets what the naligod has in it Or if it doesnt want naligods they can be left out of the maps altogether..
Monsters, weapons, allow deathunters, inventory, etc are pretty much all configurable.. Once its released youll get an idea of what its capable of.

The version on DT's at the moment is beta1 but Im just about complete with beta2. Evols wont be a problem now rebels have had a complete workover. But basically you can make the game as hard as you want.. Or easy if youre that way inclined...

Cheers
as

Ok I didn't know you could configure/exclude all that ok my bad :O)

To be honest: I don't know which evol is nastier, the one with rifle or asmd. It's been a while i've been up against the amsd evol but I remember him being good. No complaints I want it to be challenging :O)

Btw: Why ever leave out deathhunters? They're among the best things akcoop offers imo :)

What I hate though is when people randomly open barrels and a deathhunter comes out...
I fight them with strategy and planning and teamwork. You can seriously pwn them that way and .. it's fun.

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
NeoNite said:
Ok I didn't know you could configure/exclude all that ok my bad :O)

To be honest: I don't know which evol is nastier, the one with rifle or asmd. It's been a while i've been up against the amsd evol but I remember him being good. No complaints I want it to be challenging :O)

Btw: Why ever leave out deathhunters? They're among the best things akcoop offers imo :)

What I hate though is when people randomly open barrels and a deathhunter comes out...
I fight them with strategy and planning and teamwork. You can seriously pwn them that way and .. it's fun.

By default the Evol uses a stinger :) However you can give him any weapon.. Modded ones included.. We had him using the Railgun for awhile..

Deathhunters were never left out.. They can be added or not.. Another server config..Some people dont like them...go figure :)

Well you might not like the new rebelskaarj they have the capability of opening barrels when youre not looking.. By default its turned off but its one of their options..

Version 2 has a lot of configurations, you can pretty much design your own monsters to a limit..

Some things in version 2 are easier (by default) but it has the capability of making it as hard as you want..

Ill probablly send DT the new ver shortly

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
Daedalus said:
I just reinstalled U1 on this new comp the other day and played a ton of it today. Just wow, still hard to believe that U1 is actually FIVE years old! This is the farthest I've gotten on it in quite some time. Heh, and I used to think the Titan after Chizra was difficult. I always loved the Mercenary base, one of the coolest levels imo.

just think, when i first beat it, i used only a keyboard

how did i do it? how did i do it...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Asgard said:
By default the Evol uses a stinger :) However you can give him any weapon.. Modded ones included.. We had him using the Railgun for awhile..

Deathhunters were never left out.. They can be added or not.. Another server config..Some people dont like them...go figure :)

Well you might not like the new rebelskaarj they have the capability of opening barrels when youre not looking.. By default its turned off but its one of their options..

Version 2 has a lot of configurations, you can pretty much design your own monsters to a limit..

Some things in version 2 are easier (by default) but it has the capability of making it as hard as you want..

Ill probablly send DT the new ver shortly

AKcoop2 sounds more attractive/interesting now, thanks for the info Asgard.
Although I'll probably never let the rebels open barrels. We, myself and a good buddy, have our own way of handling such .. delicate :D .. matters. We just shove the barrels into a corner, open them and corner any possible death/packhunters/mechs...

just think, when i first beat it, i used only a keyboard

how did i do it? how did i do it...

Maybe on easy skill with a fair share of savegames?

Last edited:

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
NeoNite said:
Maybe on easy skill with a fair share of savegames?

nope, on medium the first time
and yep, after anytime i killed a skaarj id hit that save button :D

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
www.oldunreal.com is a good place for old unreal resorces (unreal1)

take a look im just getting back into unreal1

oh theres also a project listed in the news on ou some people are gonna re-map/texture/model the game to make it look better more like new games :) if your intrested take a look :D