UE3 - UT3 Custom Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RussDude87

Nov 13, 2008
I'm trying to get custom bot meshes into the game at certain locations. I've made just a dummy map with 1 PathNode and 1 trigger.

I've got an Actor Factory EX set to generate bots via a switch in kismet. I have it set to store the bot in an object varable and then to use the Set SkeletalMesh to change the newley created bot to a custom mesh. (screen grab of kismet layout attached).

Question 1: Is it better to do this through kismet or to code it?
Question 2: Am I using the Set SkeletalMesh action the right way?
Question 3: Is the Object variable type the right one? The Charactor variable type does't work either.

Help on any of these would be great. Also, beside the point,
Does anyone know if you can output the value a kismet variable holds during the game?

Thanks again for any help.

Attachments

• kismet.jpg
    kismet.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 22

MrCeej

Apr 17, 2009
I would be keen to hear a response to these questions too. I am currently trying to add AI to some tanks by subclassing all the different classes (Factory, Vehicle, Content, AIController etc) but it is pretty hit or miss what needs to be overridden and what doesn't.

If anyone has any links to any docs or tutorials what-so-ever they would be greatly appreciated. I am currently reverse engineering the Sentinel mod as its the closest thing I can find to a home baked AI mod (http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/sentinel/)