Stuck in the Sunspire...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catz0

Jul 31, 2000
Visit site
I'm in the Sunspire, been there a long, long time. Gave up awhile back because I killed everything and the laser had been activated, but I cannot find a way out of it. Any help would be appreciated! I want to pick up return to napali, but cannot do that until I can finish the first version, it bugs me that I cannot finish the game...

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
As soon as you have activated that diamond-laser-thingy you have to go outside. You may want to clear everything before you do that..
Anyway, after you pushed that lever to activate it, go outside through that long corridor.
Go through the door and climb the stairs you see infront of you. At this point, you're still in the building.
Now, take two steps outside it (you're walking on a sort of wall now) and just wait.
There is a good change that you will be attacked by one or two gassbags you didn't noticed before, but you can ignore them.
Look up at the sky (perhaps you'll also see that beam you've acivated, at this point) and after twenty seconds or so, you can see something flying down. Wait a little longer and it will land just infront of you. It is a flying elevator of some sort.
Get into it, quickly, and wait. After a few seconds it will go up again, taking you with it.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
That's one of the levers that has been know to get stuck. If you go back and hit the lever and then the lift doesn't come down you will need to go back to an earlier spot in a saved game. Another work around is to go to where the lift should have came down and use the fly command to fly up to the trigger point, it may take several tries to find the right spot.

:)

Catz0

Jul 31, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, that's it...

I remember now, I seem to have forgotten that I figured out the whole 'prepare to embark thing, at least put two and two together, and was musing over my next level while installing a patch.... argh!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got the locked-lever problem mentioned here somewhere. I lent my copy to dear-old dad 3 months ago, I bet he doesn't even have it installed, but he liked the look of it when he saw it, so I told him to try it out...
Well, I have to get him to send me my copy back so I can download the final patch. Any way to remove the patch I installed while I'm waiting so I can keep on playing? I don't want to wait a week for my disk to get back! Until then... Falcon 4.0 anyone?
Speaking of flying... what's that fly command? Never used it! How to invoke?
Thanks!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Just type 'fly' thats all ;). To walk again type 'walk' !
If want to fly through walls try 'ghost'...

Status
Not open for further replies.