Next Gears of War Teased By Game Informer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Next month's issue of Game Informer appears that it will be covering the next Gears of War. There are very little (if any) details on what is going on here, but you can see a locust flying in the background, as well as someone handcuffed in the front. Presumably this will be a prequel to the trilogy, and could even possibly deal with the events leading up to Marcus being in jail in the intro to Gears of War 1.

My wishlist includes a Gears Trilogy for PC using Steamworks, but that might be as likely to happen as pigs flying. Aside from that, it seems likely that for yet another year, a Gears game will be appearing during the Microsoft keynote at E3 next week. We will, of course, try to keep the news updated.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
People Can Fly are also working on this. Looking forward to the game.

Wait, how do you know? I did hear about this before this announcement but didn't know of PCF involvement. It is not the same as the canceled game before though it seems, at least not entirely (but that's only my guess here). Whatever that canceled gow title was called.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Gears of War: Exile, rumors suggested it was a Kinect title.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
dsIDg.jpg

vPahX.jpg

H

Hyzoran

If they are making another Gears of War I dont want to live anymore.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's a pretty loose connection. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Epic announced 2-3 games at the MS press conference, personally.