UT3 DM-Garden of Dreams [PC][PS3]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dante

Born Ex Nihilo
Mar 2, 2008
Lithuania
Name: DM-Garden of Dreams

Version: Final 1.0.

Compatibility: PC, PS3.

Comments:
Medium sized deathmatch map located on floating islands. Aim was to create atmospheric, colorful, team play based map with large open areas, yet filled with cover. I was kinda bored of those dark maps crawling with space goths (a.k.a. Necris), so i decided to make something new.

Making this map took over a month, thats with all the beta testing. Inspiration came from Unreal 1, theme and name influenced by band Kataklysm.

PC Link:
Filefront Link

PS3 Link:
Filefront Link

Screenshots:

Additional screenshots:
Screenshot 5
Screenshot 6
Screenshot 7
Screenshot 8

Dante

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
This is a must own map ... a great level that is very well optimized and has a very nice flow. It really reminds of Ut2k4 with its bright colors and outdoor theme only it looks so much better. :)

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
The map flow, the vibarance and dedication it took to make something not only colorful but with a extreme touch of asian culture and beauty definitely deserves recog and props. My hat and gratitude to such grace and poise for something of this nature.

Thank you......

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Maybe I'm growing too accustomed to being in the darkness of my room, but the bloom on the clouds made my brain hurt. D:

Dante

Born Ex Nihilo
Mar 2, 2008
Lithuania
Maybe I'm growing too accustomed to being in the darkness of my room, but the bloom on the clouds made my brain hurt. D:
Well you are not the first and not the last saying that :)

It's obviously too big to be a hardcore map, but visually, this map's awesome.

Never intended to make a hardcore map, more like something that i really missed from previuos games and something more suitable for casul-ish play or offline bot slaughter.

The map flow, the vibarance and dedication it took to make something not only colorful but with a extreme touch of asian culture and beauty definitely deserves recog and props. My hat and gratitude to such grace and poise for something of this nature.

Thank you......

Thanks, thats some really nice words :)

Dante, this is a beautiful map. Visually and game play wise. You have shown that UT3 is more than capable of having something other than greys and browns for color schemes.

Being a Myst fan myself I can appreciate what you have done. I spent five minutes looking around the map before I ever started to play :)

Looking forward to more of your work :tup:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
You have shown that UT3 is more than capable of having something other than greys and browns for color schemes.

And Defiance didn't show that, and Reflection didn't either ... what about Rising Sun? Dude there are quite a few stock maps that have plenty of color ... plenty. I know Carbonfire is not greys and browns nor is Gateway. Are you kidding me? Some people just can't pass on any opporotunity they have to put down UT3s mappers and game designers, even when its not true. Unbelievable.

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
And Defiance didn't show that, and Reflection didn't either ... what about Rising Sun? Dude there are quite a few stock maps that have plenty of color ... plenty. I know Carbonfire is not greys and browns nor is Gateway. Are you kidding me? Some people just can't pass on any opporotunity they have to put down UT3s mappers and game designers, even when its not true. Unbelievable.

Wtf? Defiance is notoriously brown....seriously. Also, Reflection and Rising Sun, while probably the most colorful stock maps, are mostly gray and brown cobblestones and wood ;). Furthermore, carbonfire is just about as gray as it gets. With a little white... :rolleyes:

On a positive note, this map looks good! DLing!

Wtf? Defiance is notoriously brown....seriously. Also, Reflection and Rising Sun, while probably the most colorful stock maps, are mostly gray and brown cobblestones and wood ;). Furthermore, carbonfire is just about as gray as it gets. With a little white... :rolleyes:

On a positive note, this map looks good! DLing!

Thank you. And Anuban...chill out. I was not bashing anything or anybody. I will hold this up as being one of the most colorful maps out there. The only stock DM map that has any color IMO is DM Sentinel....and that's not much.

Grogan

I got this one last night, and it's fabulous. I played it several times both normally and with Instagib. I'm not the most observant person, all I can say is that I like the visuals and the jump pads and teleporters work out well.

I too like maps that have lots of colour. I too noticed that looking up at the clouds was a bit too bright, but it's non productive to look up there much anyways :)

Thanks for making this map.