A Better Homepage Update - The Bonuspack!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
G3 and PSG share the same projectile, but aren't 100% the same weapon, ya know ;)
One unprotected hit by the G3 projectile gives you 55 * 1.5 = 82.5 damage. This almost kills ya tho :p

I never had a 30 round mag in hands for the G3... we only had the standard 20 round mags and I don't think that high-capacity mags are commonly used.

Red dot off center.... maybe a pixel or two due to the size of the texture used for displaying it. This in combination with the pixel sizes of the hit effect decal can result in a slight misalignment for the visual effect.

Placing the weapons closer to your eye will let them start to clip. You can test this out yourself by using the XFactor stuff from the AimView mutator if you like.

C-mag is again not commonly used tho... and would have needed an additional mesh to be made too.

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Beppo said:
Turin, if you try to use
To the G3...
as said earlier, I had such a rifle in my hands some years ago and have fired a bunch of mags with it during my year of service. The G3, while heavy, is stable and doesn't kick you around like a ping pong ball. I'm no Arnold or Sly so it has nothing to do with my non existing muscles for sure ;)
It has a huge kick if you hold it uncontrolled and it can ruin your shoulder then... but if you know how to handle it, it will be no problem at all.
Did you ever fired a 5,56mm Rifle or the Uzi (in terms of recoil not so much away from 5,56mm) during your service time? Or just compare both HK videos the g3 guy moves ~20cm backward and the muzzle 5cm up, while firing full auto (and only 15 rounds) and he already has an increased muzzle weight (the attached 40mm launcher) which should help a little. The G36 shooter doesn't support it with the shoulder and you can barely see any movement at all (only after he stopped firing).
Or just ask in the german forum what they think about the recoil - a lot of us has served too with that rifle...

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Beppo said:
Turin, if you try to use
Code:
mutate bonusdoqa
directly on the console... does this work for you or not? (and plz make sure that the mutator is active on your end at the time you test ;))

Well, i think the mutator is active, it´s in the mutator list, and i can use the new weapons, door charges, etc. ;)
But i tried to execute the mutator manually ( mutate bonusdoqa ) and still NO LUCK. I will try to reinstall all the game when i have time.

EDIT: i typed MUTATE in the console, that was bad spelling here in the forum. ;)

Last edited:

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
"mutate bonusdoqa" not "mutator bonusdoqa" ... the command to use can be specified in the ini file

to the weapons I fired ...
I fired the G3, MG3, P1, Uzi, Panzerfaust and the M16 during a 'troop exchange' with some US Army soldiers. This during my 'active service' year.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
Oh and as said before... more recoil and the G3 would be useless in-game cause it would fully block your view on a target if firing short bursts... and this is not how it acts in RL tho, you are able to keep it on target while firing a burst.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Again I'll bump the matter of 7z (7-zip) but this time with some facts:
INF29BonusPack_setup_full.exe
54,9 MB
installed to ut\test1
105 MB
test1.7z/test.exe (without setup-prgram)
35,0 MB/35,0 MB

So around 20 MB i.e. 36% could be saved with this programm. So shorter download times, less traffic, what do you want more?

Infiltration2_9CD.exe has 448 MB, if we take the same factor (36%) as above the file would be around 290 MB.
So I ask you the SentryStudios to use 7z in the future, I think it would help everyone using a WIN OS.

The only big problem I see is that because of the high compression decompressing those files WILL take longer compared to a zip file.

Mat69

PS.: Please use it even if some (all?) virus scanners can't find viruses in them, but that's not a problem of 7z but of compression at all. Ccompressed files, not matter if zip or rar are allways decompressed by virus scanners to be checked, those virus scanners often or allways don't have implemented 7z decompression, so it is in fact their fault.
PPS.: I won't answer in the next time.