Anyone with a Voodoo 5 on Win 2k experience please help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
What drivers are you using?

I've tried

Last official 1.04.00
last official beta
Omega special 103b

Res is 1024x768

And all of them are giving me super crappy frame rates, like 40- 60 max and a minimum of 20 :( (Refresh rate is locked at 60Hz for GLIDE - I can't figure out how to change this at all in W2k.)

In W98SE (dual boot) this card flies at 80-100 fps no problems, with all official, beta and Omega drivers.

But the card sometimes locks up the whole machine when either switching into full screen UT glide mode or out of it back to Windows.

I don't care which OS it runs on as long as it runs ok on one - I've got rock solid W2k slowness or speed demon 98SE with random crashes when entering/leaving GLIDE :(

Any tips? I've got W2k SP2 already.

System Celeron 600@750 on AOpen AX6BC mobo, 256 RAM, Hercules MUSE sound card, 2 network cards and a win TV card.

I have tried all the above mentioned drivers for each OS - I have tried uninstalling and redetecting the card, I have physically removed the card, checked cables, mobo BIOS is updated etc., reinstalled Direct X 8a, reinstalled the monitor and in short I'm at my wit's end. I just don't know what else to do short of a reformat and I really would like to avoid doing that.

Any suggestion gratefully received. I've wasted nearly a whole day (24h) on this so far and I just want it to work. I bought the card secondhand, especially for UT and I don't care about other games; it is sucking atm. :(

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Solution

Combination of (Win2k):

1) Clean registry of old things thoroughly and ruthlessly using a reg cleaner

2) No 3d FX tools, juts plain Omega drivers 1.03beta

3) Increase W2k com port max speed tranfer from 75 (!) bps to 115200 bps

3) Delete minimum timings keys in win2k registry so minimum available is 85 HZ or 100 Hz for desired UT resolution then UT is forced to run at this resolution at a decent refresh rate.

If anyone wants a hand about these ICQ 56272873 or

mail gtf at ve7 dot co dot uk

Happy to help.

the_louis_woo

Aug 14, 2001
N.Ireland
Visit site
I feel your pain man !!
This may not be the answer but I do know that UT is heavy on the cpu and any thing I've read about says DO NOT OVERCLOCK YOUR CPU when playing UT.
I tryed it once , and every time I tryed tryed to play UT my puta went bits up.

lol m8ey cya l8r