Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Good old Bahroo, exploiting the crap out of everything and then complaining about people exploiting.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Most of what I've watched of Bahroo's stuff seems more like "sawing" with the UT PulseGun or Manta riding in 2k4 vCTF
Then again, I don't rabidly follow his posts on GBX and I've seen maybe a dozen of his vids

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Good old Bahroo, exploiting the crap out of everything and then complaining about people exploiting.
I love how he says he wants a "challenge" beating ai monsters while constructing and finding the best exploited combinations to beat the same ai monsters over and over again. Maybe he should try a game where actual gaming skill is tested by facing unpredictable things called humans and not allowed a do-over x Infinity. He should go challenge VoO in Quake or something, his test would be to get a single kill on him before the round ends.

*edit I've wanted to post something like this on the gbx forums but I'm pretty sure his groupies/lackeys would follow me wherever I go if I ever insulted their leader.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I love how he says he wants a "challenge" beating ai monsters while constructing and finding the best exploited combinations to beat the same ai monsters over and over again. Maybe he should try a game where actual gaming skill is tested by facing unpredictable things called humans and not allowed a do-over x Infinity. He should go challenge VoO in Quake or something, his test would be to get a single kill on him before the round ends.

*edit I've wanted to post something like this on the gbx forums but I'm pretty sure his groupies/lackeys would follow me wherever I go if I ever insulted their leader.

lol, is there any way to read up on this guy, like why is he important or by some percieved as important in some way.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
You can probably look on the bioware forums and the gearbox forums to quickly find out why he's so "famous" on there... well maybe not the bioware forums anymore because he's moved from ME3 mp to Bl2. There was some 150+ page thread where he argued that the Norfleet should be nerfed because he can kill Terra in five seconds with with gibbed perfect parts norfleet and constructed gear. There's also the many raid boss threads where he makes up a raid boss of his own. It seems that only this bagroo guy can get away with blatant modding and deceit as well. He made a video claiming that sniping is easy in UMVH, what he did was put the game in slow motion using the slomo command and easily got crit shots with a sniper then sped up the video to make it look like he was making those shots at normal speed. It was blatantly obvious with the twitchy mouse and odd gestures that something was wrong but he didn't even admit it until someone correctly called it on him and even after all that, his groupies defended him and the video.

I've seen it plenty of times, if someone else shows a video with modding, they're scrutinized and bashed for it, but not bagroo, it's cool when he does it. I don't care if someone mods their game as long as I'm not in it with them, what I do hate is the hypocrisy of that forum and how it's ok for one guy to do it, but it's the worst thing in the world for someone else to do.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
You can probably look on the bioware forums and the gearbox forums to quickly find out why he's so "famous" on there... well maybe not the bioware forums anymore because he's moved from ME3 mp to Bl2. There was some 150+ page thread where he argued that the Norfleet should be nerfed because he can kill Terra in five seconds with with gibbed perfect parts norfleet and constructed gear. There's also the many raid boss threads where he makes up a raid boss of his own. It seems that only this bagroo guy can get away with blatant modding and deceit as well. He made a video claiming that sniping is easy in UMVH, what he did was put the game in slow motion using the slomo command and easily got crit shots with a sniper then sped up the video to make it look like he was making those shots at normal speed. It was blatantly obvious with the twitchy mouse and odd gestures that something was wrong but he didn't even admit it until someone correctly called it on him and even after all that, his groupies defended him and the video.

I've seen it plenty of times, if someone else shows a video with modding, they're scrutinized and bashed for it, but not bagroo, it's cool when he does it. I don't care if someone mods their game as long as I'm not in it with them, what I do hate is the hypocrisy of that forum and how it's ok for one guy to do it, but it's the worst thing in the world for someone else to do.

ahh, forums :lol:

I think the general level of doucheyness on forums dedicated to this game is high, although Im solely basing this on the gamefaqs bo2 board that has some serious no duping nazis running amok telling everyone to go farm for their gear and put some time in like everyone. Then those guys proceed to post threads concerning their game and it turns out they havnt even finished normal mode and know jackshit about the tediousness of farming certain enemies for specific things.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Even without perfect parts the Norfleet is a bit ridiculous, but I don't wanna see it nerfed

I remember the sniping vid, but I only skimmed the thread cuz of all the drama from all sides.

Modding and BL2 is... weird. For consoles, GBX seems to be ok with constructing gear that could legitimately drop(with leeway for scopeless purple+ rarity weapons), but "black" gear and stuff like raid boss modding/etc is a no-no because it's against XBL's/PSN's TOS
For PC, "black" gear is still a no-no, but swapping out baddies and tweaking raid bosses seems to be ok.
Supposedly GBX encouraging modding BL2 on PC, but offers no tools and won't allow talking about 3rd party tools(Gibbed/CheatEngine).
Then again, it's hard to tell for sure as their opinion on modding seems to flop around like a beached fish

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
lol, is there any way to read up on this guy, like why is he important or by some percieved as important in some way.
It really is hard to say why this guy is elevated to the status he is. He has been caught multiple times modding/cheating whilst claiming that he does not mod or cheat. He also makes videos of him exploiting the crap out of certain builds/weapon combos then when he gets bored of exploiting them starts threads on the forums saying they have to be fixed. He was pretty much the driving force behind the changes to the Bee, removal of Smasher, nerfing of the bank storage overflow glitch. And he will probably be the driving force behind lots more weapon balance changes that come down. He and his croneys are the biggest whiners I have ever seen, and I went through Unreal on the Epic Forums.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
It really is hard to say why this guy is elevated to the status he is. He has been caught multiple times modding/cheating whilst claiming that he does not mod or cheat. He also makes videos of him exploiting the crap out of certain builds/weapon combos then when he gets bored of exploiting them starts threads on the forums saying they have to be fixed. He was pretty much the driving force behind the changes to the Bee, removal of Smasher, nerfing of the bank storage overflow glitch. And he will probably be the driving force behind lots more weapon balance changes that come down. He and his croneys are the biggest whiners I have ever seen, and I went through Unreal on the Epic Forums.

Ah so we have a culprit. Who wants to find out where the bastard lives and split his nutsack open?

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I don't know about the Bee(GBX claims it was supposed to split the boost from the start), but I remember the EvilSmasher exploit was originally called the KSS exploit because of whoever figured it out and abused the hell out of it. Follow that with people abusing it left and right along with people complaining about it, I'm not surprised GBX gimped the hell out of it. Whether or not bahroon and them were a driving force, I dunno, but it was kind of inevitable that something was gonna happen about it.

I also have to wonder about some of GBX's coders since there's some outstanding issues that still haven't been fixed or have resurfaced.
One outstanding issue is Gaige's standard melee is worthless unless you run WithClaws or a gun with a bayonet, and supposedly Krieg suffers the same bug.
Another bug that I thought they would have known better about is that the Reload Speed buff in the new AoDK class mods actually extends reload time instead of shortening it. That bug was present with Gaige's Prodigy class mod and that didn't get fixed til mid-April

[edit] Oh, hey, found the "source" of the KSS glitch http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/64160908

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
IMO, the only reason the Smasher glitch was as prevalent as it was is because the raid bosses are AWFUL and are not fun to fight. Smasher made them more fun to fight. You can still exploit the smasher, it's just much more difficult than it used to be and you can't get nearly as good of a boost out of it as you could before.

Really the game has quite a few serious problems but they spend their time balancing the Bee, removing bank overflow glitch and fixing Smasher. They also argue that drop rates are not bad and that raid bosses are not overly difficult. Gearbo simply seems intent on removing as much fun as possible from this game and it is rather depressing.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
One outstanding issue is Gaige's standard melee is worthless unless you run WithClaws or a gun with a bayonet, and supposedly Krieg suffers the same bug.

My level 61 Commando has also found that melee is completely useless - 100,000 damage versus 3 million damage, and shooting has a way higher ROF...

I also quite the Assassin around level 40, because it was impossible to actually melee most of the enemies in a single hit without very specific gear.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
IMO, the only reason the Smasher glitch was as prevalent as it was is because the raid bosses are AWFUL and are not fun to fight. Smasher made them more fun to fight. You can still exploit the smasher, it's just much more difficult than it used to be and you can't get nearly as good of a boost out of it as you could before.

Really the game has quite a few serious problems but they spend their time balancing the Bee, removing bank overflow glitch and fixing Smasher. They also argue that drop rates are not bad and that raid bosses are not overly difficult. Gearbo simply seems intent on removing as much fun as possible from this game and it is rather depressing.
A-fucking-greed. Whoever designs these raid fights are assholes.
If GBX really wants people to co-op these things, don't make it a side mission, make it like Dexi
It is no fun solo-ing raid bosses(especially if they enact a psuedo-4man difficulty like when you approach Hyperius' door). Unless you run specific gear and/or builds, the fight is long, tedious and you will probably die more than you will kill the boss.
The only build I've seen that doesn't use "prime" gear was for Terra, and you still needed a mostly-specific skill build to do it

My level 61 Commando has also found that melee is completely useless - 100,000 damage versus 3 million damage, and shooting has a way higher ROF...

I also quite the Assassin around level 40, because it was impossible to actually melee most of the enemies in a single hit without very specific gear.
Let me clarify the bug with Gaige's melee
In the standard playthrough, the primary vault hunters can destroy a Crystalisks crit spots in one standard melee strike each. Gaige needs to land multiple strikes with her standard melee.
Throw in With Claws or a bayoneted weapon, proper damage is calculated

Supposedly Krieg suffers from the same until you Rampage or use a bladed weapon

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
A-fucking-greed. Whoever designs these raid fights are assholes.
If GBX really wants people to co-op these things, don't make it a side mission, make it like Dexi
It is no fun solo-ing raid bosses(especially if they enact a psuedo-4man difficulty like when you approach Hyperius' door). Unless you run specific gear and/or builds, the fight is long, tedious and you will probably die more than you will kill the boss.
The only build I've seen that doesn't use "prime" gear was for Terra, and you still needed a mostly-specific skill build to do it
They really just need to be more like Crawmerax. Hard but not nearly impossible. Terra is the only raid boss that is even close to Craw, and he doesn't drop seraphs. The thing is, I've done a 4-person raid on Hyperius before. Dozens of times. And I have yet to ever legitimately kill him or Gee or Vora. People wanted 4-player co-op bosses like Craw, not stupidly impossible bosses that aren't hard just cheap like most of the current raid bosses.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
They really just need to be more like Crawmerax. Hard but not nearly impossible.
At the very least they can add some fucking cover.
The lack of cover and arena-wide nukes are the main reasons I don't like the raid bosses, especially Hyperius. I've actually been downed on that initial dual-nuke when you first shoot him

At least Terra's "I Kill You Now" nuke(singularity) doesn't come out til 8th wave or something like that.

What also irks me about the raid bosses is you almost need specific gear, especially if you want to solo. More times than not you see builds centered around BeeHawking or ShamFleeting
I don't even remember any builds for Sal that don't involve DPUH, Rubi, and a Raider class mod

Tho I did see an interesting vid from bahroo where he +3 took on Hyperius with nothing but white grade gear, but you can tell they'd planned the fight out beforehand, probably used specific skill builds, and you'll never see that kind of teamwork with randoms

As for Gee and Vora. I never really thought of Gee as "tough", more "tedious" cuz you can't do shit to Gee until you take out his shield and the worms required to do that are a pain in the ass due to stupidly high health and ability to knock your shield out in one puking
Vora? Fuck the guy that designed him...

I liked Craw, that fight wasn't so much a matter of how much DPS you can squeeze out, it was a matter of being a sneaky git.

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
So apparently GBX has been sharing details of future stuffs at PAX AUS
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=308212
Borderlands 2 PAX Panel Info

DLC INFO:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak
  • Level cap pack+ content: adds 11 more levels (will bring level up too 72)
  • 5$ price point
  • Coming soon (some time this fall)
  • Involves Tanis and Lilith.
  • Is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge)
  • Does not require the previous level pack, you'll go to 61 rather than 72.
  • FAQ on the requirements to come soon.

Also Coming Soon (some time this fall)

• Increased ammo capacity
  • Increased Bank capacity
  • Increased Max Inventory capacity
  • Above increases are Free

• More character customization Packs coming soon.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST

• Pricing to be announced later
  • Before Halloween ETA
  • Zombie T.K. Baha
  • Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.
  • W.I.P. so very little info
This will be the first of "multiple" Head Hunter packs to come.

*missed stream video goes here*

Live stream links
it went out a few times so its in three different videos chunks.

1) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433051339

2) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433065230

3) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433069905

*butt stallion goes here*

Additional DLC INFO

• DLC4 head items will be released via SHIFT codes. (not skins) ETA 2-3 weeks

Other Info Released at Panel

Gearbox Community day will be ONLINE this year September 14th* details may change.
Digital bonuses for those watching, base stream is free, they may have higher teir packs that grant more bonuses
Exclusive heads and skins as part of the bonuses
More info @ Community Day

*Updating as it comes, I'm only covering BL2 or gearbox general info. not home world or any other IPs*