Ground Branch (by Blackfoot Studios)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Depends on what we speak about, Ground Branch will surely take a while, but Sky Gods is more smaller scale and I'm sure we will see it at latest by the fall of 2009.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I thought sky gods was supposed to be released much earlier than that.
I said at latest, not at earliest. At earliest Summer 09, at latest fall 09. No way to be more precise at the moment, you know how it is, things can always change, but we can only hope they change for the better.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Nice to have one more BFS community member. ;)

Oh and by the way, donators please check the secret Sky Gods forum section, I can only say "moving pictures"... not allowed to say more. :rolleyes:

LAMER_7267

strange and... unusual.
Jan 11, 2002
right here...
Visit site
Hah. I find myself interested in a computer game for the first time in years. I thought I was too old for that.

I hope the community will be as good as INF's back in 2001-2003. (Oh how I miss the days when people apologised for rushing! :))

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
A little (old) update.

There is a misbelieve that Ground Branch is dead. It is not. The mini title called Sky Gods, that was meant to be released prior Ground Branch got canceled, because Blackfoot couldn't get a deal with the US military to get the game funded by the military.
The main and original concept of Ground Branch still stands. Because no publisher showed interest in the project, Blackfoot Studios is officially an Independent Developer and are no longer bound to any release deadline or whatsoever. They are still doing it, it just might take an unknown amount of time until we will get it. Maybe they will find a publisher in the future, maybe they will publish it by themselves (through Steam or whatever), but nothing was canceled yet.

John had to take a job, working for the US Special Forces Centre, with Blackfoots military advisor Hatchetforce (SF guy), so his job might actually come to absolute benefit for the project. Blackfoot Studios and Ground Branch are not dead, plans just got changed.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Without wanting to sound pessimistic, but..

..no longer bound to any release deadline or whatsoever.
Is not exactly what I'd consider good news, since no deadline means that it might be released anytime from now until the sun becomes an angry, frozen little ball of rock. And it's still no guarantee it will be released..

And if I remember correctly, Inf wasn't officially chancelled either (might be wrong though).

Oh, wait, perhaps I wanted to sound a bit pessimistic :D