MSUC Winner, The Haunted, Going Retail

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
THQ's ValuSoft division will be publishing The Haunted: Hell's Reach for PC, XBLA, and PSN. The title will be available to PC owners this October for $19.99 and will be making appearances on consoles in early 2012. The Haunted won the last version of the $1 Million Make Something Unreal Contest. Some details from the press release:

"The winners of the contest are an extremely talented group of individuals and we are thrilled to bring their first video game to the market," said Maleea Barnett, Managing Director ValuSoft Division. "The Haunted: Hells Reach is a suspenseful thriller that delivers a rich blend of combat and action/adventure, set in eerily dark environments and is guaranteed to have horror enthusiasts and hardcore gamers at the edge of their seats throughout the entire nail-biting experience."

In The Haunted: Hells Reach, the forces of evil plan to invade earth and only a small group of humans stand in their way. Use a huge arsenal of deadly weapons and melee combat moves to battle the minions of hell in several different game modes.

The Haunted: Hells Reach includes intense gameplay and rich multiplayer modes as well as other death defying features such as:

• 30 stages spread over eight terrifying locations;
  • More than 20 enemies;
  • Four Human playable characters;
  • Masses of upgradable weaponry: the knife upgrades to a chainsaw, witch hammer and glaive;
  • Six secret weapons on each level;
  • Four exhilarating and distinct game modes: Survival, Cooperative, Battle and Demonizer;
  • Level events such as meteor showers and lightening storms affect game play;
  • Restore your health and respawn your comrades by destroying the soul stones.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Wow the people that post on YouTube are complete idiots. They will argue over anything...

I think the game will be cool but the trailer almost gave me a seizure....lol

Congrats to the team that made this game and getting it to retail!

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
The second video is much, much better to see what the game is about. BTW does it irritate anyone else that in the first video there is almost 30 seconds of logos before I can see the first game shot? I wish credits went at the end of things.

Well done on this. It's a little over the top for my tastes but damn good execution (!) on the gameplay.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
That wasn't a very good trailer, especially the gameplay parts. When will the video makers learn random flashing images is a bad thing.

It's best to use a few game-play moments where people can see wtf is actually happening. Like in the actual gameplay video where you shoot enemies, roll back and punch the enemies behind you.

Last edited: