2010, the year that oil companies destroyed major bodies of water around The U.S.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
This is worth a read. What you do with this is up to you.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

According to that site, a Fallout-style post-nuclear world is quickly becoming a reality. In the Fallout universe, the U.S. and China went to war over the last remaining sources of oil, which was the reason the bombs fell in the first place.

The thought of our future is chilling to say the least. I only hope that if it comes to the point where the bombs fall I'm already dead.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
How can BBA be posting?
Did we not Nuke Japan?
Nuking is worse then a oil spill. The radiation is supposed to keep on killing for 1000 of years.

Yeah and look at those 2 cities now. Massive skyscrappers and bunch of pretty lights. I say we need to nuke more often if that is the result.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Should be pretty cool though, better than life continuing as normal.

How so? The status quo might not be awesome but do you really want to die in a global nuclear war or live in the post-apocalyptic aftermath? Because that might just happen when oil becomes scare. Unless a miracle that revolutionizes energy and industry happens in the next twenty years, we're eventually going to have resource wars. And some military or terrorist leader might just be crazy enough to press the big red button that sends us all straight to hell.

I don't want to live in that world. I'd rather read stories and play games that take place in that world. I don't know about you guys but, when post-apocalyptia becomes non-fiction, I'm cashing in my chips.

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It had to happen though, I think we are lucky to be alive for it and to die during it probably, the end or thereabouts, A big event in human based history or at least the end to what it is currently - which is a very small bit loserish.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
It had to happen though ...

No, it doesn't. And that's the problem. We could do something to change the outcome. But we won't, and the bombs will fall anyways.

There is still time. But nobody cares about tomorrow anymore; they only care about today. People couldn't care less about what happens in the rest of the world, so long as it's "not in their backyards." But it's been that way for decades, and you'd think a civilization-threatening direction might matter to people, and they'd maybe want to change. But it seems like they don't care about that either, so long as it doesn't happen during the course of their lives. It's the social evolution of NIMBY, but in terms of time instead of location. Because of this, I feel we're all living on borrowed time -- at least at the level of civilization we're living in now.

On the upside, I guess the future looks bright if you count the massive flashes of light from global nuclear war.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The likelihood of a global nuclear war is just ridiculously low. Nobody is going to be dropping nukes unless it's on alien homeworlds or the ocean floor when whales sprout legs and start their invasion.

Even if it's a resource game, you don't gain any ground by launching nukes unless you like the idea of being nuked yourself.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It's funny how all these oil spills happen right when GM is about to release their new electric turdmobile. Conspiracy!

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Guys, stop wishing you were living in the 80s (unless it's about the music!). Global nuclear war is a threat of the past.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
The 50s were good, and the 70s. I think we should go back there, with this oil thing time will be sort of going backwards civilizationly.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
The likelihood of a global nuclear war is just ridiculously low.
:lol: seriously...

I mean, people have been predicting the "end of the world" every year since the dawn of mankind. every generation finds another reason to claim that the "end is nigh," and that we should be preparing for the lawless/post-apocalyptic/anti-societal end of days. they always perceive signs, and clues, and hints, and parallels, and draw their conclusions as such.

and nothing has ever happened.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Wait, I though Obama's hand was hovering smoothly over a turntable, with a mic in the other hand