The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
looking at the screens, should be pretty easy to optimize.. cull distance volumes will do most the work in a map like that.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah Cull Distance/CDVolumes is the win for this. Anyway, by the sounds of it, this thread has deserted since post #750 lol. D:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Exactly the same...

I was about to post something but I just can't find words for this.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
im told my maps look the same too... they are generic thats for sure.. because.. yeh there were sposed to be :) Im not fond of making maps that you wouldnt see come with the game itself.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Not sure what makes a level designer when he does things too similar one from another? Bad, good? But lately yeah I've been having a "white fetish" if that's a appropriate way of describing this:

I always thought level designers had their own signatures without people reminding them how they follow the same pattern. Or yet how everything looks exactly the same.

Just my 2 cents.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I say **** and keep the trims. :mad:
Or maybe you could just use Smeshes rather than just old fashioned BSP trim?

Im not fond of making maps that you wouldnt see come with the game itself.

Yeah I feel you. But I prefer that old fashioned UT2004 colored taste. Even for UT3.

Last edited:

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Im not fond of making maps that you wouldnt see come with the game itself.

That's too bad, as it's the crazy / unusual maps that give this game some much needed flava. :gonk: Same goes for for custom models, muts etc.; it's the ones that don't 'fit in' that tend to be the most fun. Generic dude in power armor = meh, color changing Easter Bunny = classic.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Same here, i understand where bazzwano is coming from. But i think its much better to make levels that are totally different from the normal stock maps, there isnt any memorable maps in ut3 imo, they are all excellent like, but there isnt much difference between them that makes them stand out from one another. If your going to spend time making a map, id make it at least some way original.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Same here, i understand where bazzwano is coming from. But i think its much better to make levels that are totally different from the normal stock maps, there isnt any memorable maps in ut3 imo, they are all excellent like, but there isnt much difference between them that makes them stand out from one another. If your going to spend time making a map, id make it at least some way original.

I say think again