kill announcing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
was wondering on what people think, that with the kills, e.g double,multi mega,ultra,etc(if anyone wants to do the order of them, thats fine, i forget most them) that after say, getting mega, that it starts showing other players what they're getting.

so like displaying killing spree's, its done for the kill numbers, (except say double, multi, cause they're more common)

just a thought, its ok, if u think it suckz.. just hate the idea, not me.

cheers

edit- My first thread here at BuF, whoot!

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Yay for your first thread :)

I'm not sure if it does but if the original ut had the exact same kill announcements as ut2kx it's best not changed, because you can edit it manually if you wanted to by changing the .int files.

But I do think there should be a number in parentheses once you reached HOLY ****. Because it keeps on saying "HOLY ****" once you've reached it. But if the kill announcements in utk24 aren't characteristic of the old ut then I don't see anything wrong with changing them. :)

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
kAoS.Xaero said:
no, what i mean, is that like the killing spree's, other players view it on their screen.

e'g (player) is on a rampage

(player) got/has reached ultra kill
Oh... sorry about that I'm a bit tired :D

Yeah that would be awesome.
I think I've seen mutators that show when other players get multikills and such used in IG servers.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Seen the mutator as well, though the one I saw just put them in the console.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, if executed properly. Like the mutator, only announce it once it's done, and not like it does for you where you hear each step until you stop killing people.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
if seen the mutators too, but were else then in then at the point of the death messages should they bee set. I dont want them in front of my xhair. :eek: . but i do want them to be seen better then they are shown now.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
double kills happen quite often u know. If the are all shown it will be a distracting mess.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
kAoS.Xaero said:
was wondering on what people think, that with the kills, e.g double,multi mega,ultra,etc(if anyone wants to do the order of them, thats fine, i forget most them) that after say, getting mega, that it starts showing other players what they're getting.

so like displaying killing spree's, its done for the kill numbers, (except say double, multi, cause they're more common)
I would not give such information to the other players while the game is running for a simple reason: if you re on an Ultra/ludicrious or whatever big killing spree this means that you are surely close to the fight and that you are likely to being hurt while in the melee.
This said, if I see written on my screen that PLAYER X is on ludicrious kill and if I meet him in the next 5 seconds then I will bet that his health is surely not on maximum and I would surely try to fight him if my health is above average!

But of course such exploits of big killing sprees should be displayed as a reward... So why not have some kind of replay of the winning frag and all the biggest sprees of the game at the end of the round. that would surely be more interesting than the way it happens now at the end of each round!

Last edited:

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
What about feign death?

If it doesnt get announced that you killed someone then that would be an easy way of finding out that the player is feigning death. Or will the game announce it anyways that you killed the player when the player is on the floor regardless of if they're feigning death or not?

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
Bullet10k said:
What about feign death?

If it doesnt get announced that you killed someone then that would be an easy way of finding out that the player is feigning death. Or will the game announce it anyways that you killed the player when the player is on the floor regardless of if they're feigning death or not?

I was writing about it in another thread for some days ago... What s the point to feign death if you re not announced dead and if in addition the score of the player you try to fool does not change?
Someone answered me this funny thing:
"Don t worry, half of the world is made of idiots :D "

But I still wonder, what about the other half then?... :S

Actually i believe that a feint will work the very first hours, but I would not use it when everyone will know about it. After some days, only idiots and new beginners will be fooled.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
What about this kind of feints?:

-Put yourself in flames so everyone believes that you ve just been hit by some rockets. Of course, when you do so you re on maximum health and shield, hehehehe =D (5 feints per rounds, lasts 7 seconds)

-On the opposite, put the regenation combo pattern around yourself when you re low at health (of course you do not regenerate, but you make your opponent believe that you re high at health, while you are low. this feint just last 7 seconds and could be used only 5 times per rounds.

- On the same logic, you could add the Berzerk combo pattern around yourself when you re running out of ammo and/or weapon so people start to think twice before attacking you =D (could last 7 seconds and could be used only 5 times in one round)
it could be activated exactly in the same way you activate the original combo you re imitating.

- Why not being able to hold any weapon of your arsenal even if they are running out of ammo. (so you look stronger than you really are)

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
What I liked in ut99 when you saw a spree message, was that kewl sound. You would hear a 'zing' sound and saw "Loque is Godlike!".

I wouldn't mind seeing that return, or some other nice sound.
:cool: