St00pid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
I don't like the cover art... that doesn't mean I'm making fun of the artist. I think it sucks.... that doesn't mean I'm trashing the artist either. Thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Like meatsac said, art is subjective. If you release something then you should be able to take the criticism associated with it. If you can't, I bet you'll thinkn twice about your next release.

Its interesting, most of us didn't post in the original thread concerning the cover art/inf site for this reason. Everyone knows the forum trolls here would bash and flame anyone with a different opinion. If there is an arguement to be found you people will find it. Congratulations, you suceeded in starting another flame thread... wow....

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
well yeah you friken call Razorflower a complete loser for all i care. See the CD COSTS MONEY! And when someone says they don't like it, that means they won't buy it! So the CD isn't something that is put together by the INF team in thier spare time. Once you start charging for it, EVEN is you can still DL it free, its become a company, and that company is Sentry Studios.
So what would you find more easy critisizing, a Non-Profit Org. or a Company?

You remember the splash page for INF 2.85.5? No if everyone said that was ugly, would it get such a bad response? No, cause once you install the game and start playing it you don't care about that. I think ( note THINK) Cholo, and dallas were talking about, is that the CD cover doesn't fit INF, nor make it look any cooler.

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
A big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Two thumbs down.

My 1st post on the subject. Not a flame I'd say. Just my opinion.

What's so funny about it?

My 1st post on the IRCR forums. Not rude. Just a short question.

I asked a simple question. You seem to be the only one looking for trouble.

After CT said I was a forum junkie fishing for trouble. Maybe I was. But I still was not being rude about it.

And you are flaming me for mine mr high and mighty. The qustion was not asked of you so like you said "fish your own pond".

After that CT has to retort about my "true" intentions. Keep in mind that all I'm thinking about at this point is CTs childish statement about sucking the Dev teams cock if you don't agree with his side.

Well buddy, I'm glad you have your pond. I still don't see why your pestering me. If what I said is sooooooooo condescending and rude than what you are doing is no better. I'll leave it at that as I see no point in continuing this. Have fun with the duckies :)

This is basically where I said screw it. There would be nothing but bickering and bad analogies back and forth so there would be no chance to talk about it.

I don't know what's more silly. Us bitchin about them bitchin . Or yall bitchin about us bitchin about them.

That sums up my whole feeling on the matter ;) I think I have been very polite about the whole thing. And people crying about my opinion being "wrong" don't have enough foresight to see it for what it is....my opinion, and would rather spend there time labeling me a troll, forum junkie, Inf dev cocksucking queen. I figure everyone is just nutty (including myself) about the new release as it always gets a little tense around here before that happens. At least no one has attacked my piss poor grammar :D

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by Meat Sac
First of all art is subjective.

What you like I may think is trash. I personally don't like the cover either. I am giving the artist the benefit of the doubt that this was a free job and they prolly aren't pro. While it is cool that a CD is being made available don't trash on people for disliking something.

Most of you are better than the you don't like it then you suck type of mentality.

I thought I would restate this point.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Originally posted by Keganator
My only problem is you started the thread, obviously on purpose, to a) insult and b) arouse emotion. And succeeded, greatly. To that, I say:

dontfeedthetroll.gif

The website, if you didn't know already, was a gift, yes, a frikkin gift to the team and community, to help make getting the information about infiltration and infiltration related activites more available to us. If you didn't know that, then that's cool.

I assume you mean the guy who started THIS thread. I'm hardly responsible for starting a sarcastic thread in another forum on which skepticism about infiltration is rampant.

I had no idea people would scour all forums having everything to do with inf and then report me on the inf forums. Now I do and I still dont care.

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by Keganator

The website, if you didn't know already, was a gift, yes, a frikkin gift to the team and community, to help make getting the information about infiltration and infiltration related activites more available to us. If you didn't know that, then that's cool.

Every game and mod pretty much has a website. You have to have one to be successful. Infact every company has a website telling us about the products, hmm lot's of gifts out there by your reasoning.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Once again there's that attitude that you deserve something. Why do we constantly keep hearing this from the same group of people?

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
The same group of people?!!

I AM HAPPY WITH 2.86 FOREVER!

LOOK AT ALL THE POSTS IN THE 'next version suggestions' FORUM

We are not the ones constantly bitching about changing this, changing that.

Dj Bandiger

Aug 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
Visit site
Destined to be roasted?

I don't think Meat was expressing an opinion that he, for no other reason than his existance, deserved a website, mod, what have you. To me his statement was more a reflection on the fact that, while yes, the Inf team has a homepage, that the publishing of that page wasn't something so abnormal. Personally, I appreciate the webpage as a source of information (additionally, where I first learned about Infiltration) on upcoming releases, maps, etc, but I also see it as a necessity, something which the mod (any mod of this scope, actually) needs to exist. How far would the community have spread if the only way to find out about Inf was player's personal pages, with links to an ftp where they could download it?

I don't expect, or feel I *deserve* anything from the Inf team, or the Inf community. However, I also feel that without a website, there wouldn't be Inf as we know it, and therefore, how could someone write the website up as a "gift" to the community in the sense that it was previously. To me, the way it was described above, was akin to myself giving my roommate a CD I personally wanted, not so much as a gift to him, but one for me. A gift to someone else that did me benifit.

But this is so off the main subject, I (again) question myself for writing it. What I would really be interested in, Jaeg, is why you brought up the issue of Cholo's and Dallas' opinions of the art work in the first place, in a new subject on a different forum then the original post. What gain did you accomplish, other then starting another long, tedious (not to mention downright silly, in parts) thread here? If anything, I would have thought it more appropriate to reply to the orginial post in the ICLR forums, rather then responding here.

(And, in response to an earlier post, I am not Cholo. If anything, we are all Cholo).

*edit - a typo I missed while looking over it, probably a few more*

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
This is getting nowhere fast

A little respect for the Infiltrationteam isn't too much to ask for now is it? Wether it be here on the Inf forums or in the ILCR forums.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but there are quite a few ways to share them with the rest of us and not all of those ways are right. Some are even rude and insulting like the post in the ILCR forum that questioned the Inf teams decision to focus on a website change now rather than after the release of 2.87.
THAT could have been phrased a little more politely and more correctly in the Infiltration General forum where you might even have gotten an answer rather than just flames.
Then again, asbestos is still legal to use in the US. Right? :)

Please just think about how you phrase your comments (this goes for everyone).

Lust - Your question about what was so funny about the Inf CD cover is totally accurate not to mention NOT rude or trolling and I am quite curious what the answer is? :)

We should all abide by the Golden Rule: Treat others like you want to be treated yourself.

Peace, Love and Understanding
Let's make Chinese the common global language! ;)

C

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
My 1st post on the IRCR forums. Not rude. Just a short question.

The question by itself is not rude, you're right. But, combine that with Donnelizer, Jaeg's, and your later post here on these forums bashing Cholo is what does make it rude. You see, I didn't read your question by itself, I read this thread here before I told you to fish somewhere else. I can add 2+2, to understand what you were trying to do. It's kinda funny that you are trying to play the innocent child in all of this. On the surface your post is innocent, but it's not that hard to read between the lines.

If that was the only post I saw on the ILCR forums about this subject, I would've never thought a thing about telling you to fish elsewhere. It was not an innocent question.

btw
I did respond about my first comment in this thread:

well, ok, maybe my comment about sucking the inf's team cock was over the line, I apologize for the vulgarity of it. It is pretty sad that what cholo said was overblown to what it is now on the infiltration forums. All he said is that it's funny ****. Now people took his words and extrapolated it into something he did not say. He did not criticize the team, the coders, etc, all he said is that it is funny ****. If he doesn't like it, fine, but it doesn't mean you should bash him for disliking the covert art, it's an opinion.

Dj Bandiger

Aug 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
Visit site
Well, I guess I should just add a point of clarification, since I was the first to use the word "troll" in the post, and it has since come up a few times. My question on what the good of trolling was doing was directed upon those who simply "piled on" so to speak on top of the original post, with a host of boos, thumbs down, and other unpleasentries. I saw these posts as serving little good other than to tell Cholo that his opinion was wrong, without so much as one explanation as to why they disagreed. And so, I was just posing the question as to what good those types of posts did. I was striving for dialog, I guess you could say.

And, as to what I found humerous in the cover art, I can say that when I first saw it, the first thought that came to my mind was "fishing-photo", of a bunch of guys, out with their coolers, sitting on the shore in lawn-chairs fishing. I found this an entertaining image, given Infiltration's serious nature. What made the connection in the first place, I can't really say. It was just the feel I got. :)

As for Chinese at the global language, I think I could handle that. :)

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by jaeg
Once again there's that attitude that you deserve something. Why do we constantly keep hearing this from the same group of people?

DT posted a further explanation of my post, sure I took it for granted that people here would figure it out for themselves and I wouldn't have to connect all the dots for them. But that is what I get for assuming. Thanks DT for taking the time to explain in detail the post. You obviously figured it out (it wasn't that hard).

INF, CS and most other mods would stand a chance of being where they are today without a website. It is imperative that every company have a website today - You are kidding yourself if you don't agree. It's not like a brick and mortar store we are talking about. We are talking gaming - where the net is the source of all info for this mod. Again website is important (still missing the link to the gift). We aren't owed anything, that is true. But if Sentry wants us to know anything about their product then they better tell us somehow. So far the net is their only option.

Perhaps Jaeg can expand on his thought of us being owed. How are you basing this?

Was it because we don't like the case design?
Was it because of the issue of having a website?

I too like the golden rule idea.

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
You can break it down however you want CT...I didn't attack anyone (bashing Cholo). If I did please point it out and I will apologize. As for my post being "innocent", you have no farkin idea what my post was supposed to be. Like you said you bundled up what everyone was saying and applied it to me.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I don't have any problem with persons that don't like the picture. But they we're speaking in the back of the community. I mean, Electric Sheep said that he didn't liked it and it was okay, he said why but didn't laugh about it saying that it was ****.

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
heh, too true. methinks that yeah, they're entitled to an opinion and sure as hell will have one but they better be damn willing to back it up with a logical and reasonable argument.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Actually my main quarel was with the first comment regarding the new website. I couldn't care less about Cholo's comment: he's proven himself retarded on more than one occasion. The very idea that the dev team is incapable of making good decisions astounds me. That's is the type of outright arrogance which these boards have recently been blessed with and it annoys me to no end.

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
jebus, this was the post I meant to take out not the other.

These forums are super slow for me lately..anyone else?

Last edited: