What do you think about my sig?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
**as above**

bullet2.gif

“The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination”
“Lying is a skill like any other, and if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly”
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
Nice :).

I like quotes, let me give an example:

If you push someone hard enough, long enough,
if you corner him, his fear will turn to hate and hate,
a powerful emotion, can be a source of strength.
Don't push me...
-- Anonymous

I don't know who said this, so I label it 'Anonymous'.
And there's plenty of more where that came from :).

bullet2.gif

-+- I am the SlachterUnit3000 -+-

[This message has been edited by SlachterUnit3k (edited 06-17-2000).]

8-4-7-2

Here's a load of other quotes from Garak. You are able to understand most of them. without ever seen DS9.
I marked my favorites!

****** SEASON TWO ************
Julian: A bite on the hand is certainly worth saving a boy’s life, don’t you think?
Garak: I suppose it depends on whose hand… just joking, Doctor. ~ Cardassians

Julian: Before you can be loyal to another, you must be loyal to yourself.
Garak: And who can we thank for those misguided words of wisdom? Sarek, of Vulcan?
Julian: Actually, it was Bashir, of Earth.
Garak: With sentiments like those, you wouldn't last on Cardassia for five seconds.
Julian: Would you? ~ Profit and Loss

Garak: Before I became a tailor, I lived by one simple motto: Never let sentiment get in the way of your work. ~ Profit and Loss

Garak: Doctor, has anyone ever told you that you are an infuriating pest !?!
Julian: Chief O’Brien ALL the tome, and I never pay attention to HIM either! ~ The Wire

Garak: Fishing again, Doctor?
Julian: Assuming you're not a spy...
Garak: Assuming.
Julian: Then maybe you're an outcast.
Garak: Or may be I'm an outcast spy.
Julian: Ah, how could you be both?
Garak: I never said I was either.
~ The Wire

Julian: So what of that you have told me was true?
Garak: All of it!
Julian: Even the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies!
~ The Wire

Garak: Welcome back!
Julian: Why, thank you, Garak. It's good to be back. Business keeping you busy?
Garak: The tailoring business? Or the spy business? (laughs) Joking of course.
Julian: Of course.

******* SEASON THREE ***********

There's an old saying on Cardassia: Enemies make dangerous friends, and I fear the Dominion will make a very dangerous friend indeed. ~ The Search

These are unsettling times for Cardassia. ~ The Search

Computer, Garak access code 1359. ~ Civil Defense

Ironic, isn't it? The only place in the galaxy that still recognizes my access codes is a Bajoran space station. ~ Civil Defense

Garak: I thought you liked mysteries.
Julian: I do, Earth mysteries. […]The enigma stories would be more exciting if the outcome wasn’t always the same – The suspects are always guilty [in Cardassian stories]
Garak: The challenge is finding which suspect did exactly what. ~ Distant Voices

Garak: [To Julian] …and what I find interesting is how your mind ended up casting me the role of the villain! […]To think, after all this time, all our lunches together, you still don’t trust me. There’s hope for you yet, Doctor.

Garak: I don’t know who wants to harm a simple tailor?
Odo: A simple tailor that formerly was an agent of the Obsidian Order ~ Improbable Cause

Sisko: You, Mr. Garak, are no simple tailor.
Garak: [laughs heartily] Oh really, Commander, that's another discussion entirely. ~ Improbable Cause

The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination. ~ Improbable Cause

********* SEASON FOUR ****************

Odo: I didn't know you spoke Klingon.
Garak: Oh, you'd be surprised at the things you can learn when you're doing alterations.
~ The Way of the Warrior

Julian: I can’t believe you’re not pressing charges.
Garak. Constable Odo and Captain Sisko expressed similar concerns but really Doctor, there was no harm done.
Julian: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle.
Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt caused serious damage to their egos.
Julian: Garak, this isn’t funny.
Garak: I’m serious Doctor. Thanks to your administrations, I am almost completely healed, but the damage I did to them will last a lifetime. ~ The Way of the Warrior

[To Dukat] You're having trouble keeping the civilians in line? ~ The Way of the Warrior

[To Dukat] I'm afraid that since the fall of the Obsidian Order, Cardassian security isn't what it used to be. ~ The Way of the Warrior

[To Dukat] According to my sources, the Klingon High Council believes that Cardassia has been taken over by the Founders. ~ The Way of the Warrior

[To Dukat] We can stand here all day reminding ourselves just how much we hate each other, but you don't have the time. (Referring to the Klingons preparing to attack)) ~ The Way of the Warrior

Garak: So what do we do now?
Julian: I’m thinking.
Garak: Think faster. ~ Our Man Bashir

Isn't this a rather ostentatious life for a spy? ~ Our Man Bashir

Kiss the girl, get the key. They never taught me that in the Obsidian Order. ~ Our Man Bashir

It's time to face reality, doctor. You're a man who dreams of being a hero because, you know, deep down, you're not. ~ Our Man Bashir

A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism. ~ Our Man Bashir

Garak: Interesting, you saved the day by destroying the world.
Julian: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order. ~ Our Man Bashir

Quark: You weren't always a tailor.
Garak: You're right. I used to be a gardener. Now if you have something you want weeded, you let me know.
Quark: Not something, someone.
~ Body Parts

Where you offer kindness, I offer mystery. Where you offer sympathy, I offer intrigue. Just give me a seat next to Odo's bed, and I promise you I'll conjure up enough innuendos, half-truths and bald-faced lies about my so-called career in the Obsidian Order to keep the Constable distracted for days. If there's one thing Cardassians excel at it's conversation. ~ Broken Link

Come now Mr. Worf, you're a Klingon, don't tell me you'd object to a little genocide in the name of self-defense. ~ Broken Link

Garak: Six months in a holding cell, hum? The thought is unattractive, to say the least.
Odo: Well, if you ask me, Captain Sisko let you off lightly. Sabotage, assaulting a Federation officer, attempting to incite war between the Federation and the Dominion...
Garak: Yes, but my heart was in the right place.
Odo: Humph. ~ Broken Link

******* SEASON FIVE ***********

Garak: Very good, doctor. You've come a long way from the naive young man I met five years ago. You've become distrustful and suspicious. It suits you.
Julian: I had a good teacher.
~ In Purgatory's Shadow

[To Dukat] You do have a lovely daughter [Ziyal]. She must take after her mother. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Garak: I think I can be quite an asset to Starfleet. With my extensive experience, I could skip the lower ranks entirely and begin my career as a commander. Maybe you could suggest that in your letter. Tell them you'd be honored to serve under me.
Worf: Do not play games with me.
~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Garak: Mr. Worf, you're no fun at all.
Worf: Good. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Lying is a skill like any other, and if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Aren't you Klingons suppose to kill yourselves when you're taken prisoner? ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Tain was head of the Obsidian Order for 20 years. If he can survive that, he can survive anything. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Garak: All your enemies are dead.
Tain: Good. A man shouldn't allow his enemies to outlive him.
Garak: Then you can die happy, unless you still consider me your enemy. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Listen, Enabran. All I ask it that, for this moment, let me be your son. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Tain: You're not my son.
Garak: Father. Father, you're dying. For once in your life speak the truth. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Gentlemen, I don't know about you, but my business is done. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

I should never have come here. I should let that monster die forgotten and alone. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

[About Tain] I've done nothing but try to please that man. I let him mould me, let him turn me into a mirror image of himself. And how does he repay me? With exile. But I forgave him. But here, in the end, I thought maybe, just maybe, he could forgive me. ~ In Purgatory's Shadow

Well, there m

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
ROTFL@Boom! (My thoughts exactly!)

8-4-7-2: You have way too much spare time! Yeah, Garak cracks me up every time, too. Cool sig.
icon14.gif

bullet2.gif

disgust.gif
Don't make me kick your bud...

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Hey guys, I fully understand your reaction.
But you have to know that I'm very lazy!
I copy pasted everyting from another webpage and only added 2 or 3 quotes of my own, which I thought were missing! Don't think I spent a few houres online typing all this from my memory!

BTW here's another one (no exact quote):
Garak: [after an assassination attempt on him]I seriously doubt, that the Cardassain government wants my death, only because I havn't payed taxes.
bullet2.gif

“The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination”
“Lying is a skill like any other, and if you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly”
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine