Another SSP update, now with more PCP! KILL YOUR PARENTS!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Ok, i changed the color of the "<Abilityname> activated!" message, so maybe thatll solve this magic bullet issue you had Reg. Added the melee attack for the skaarj... need to add some sort of cue that youve really used it though, the message is kinda easy to miss :p New version in a few days or something.

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
hahahaha! Gettin really close to the 'official version 1' release. Bot support for the offhands is ingame and its working relatively well, all but one race has an offhand ability, things all seem to work with only small hitches, and im overall very pleased with the mutator.
Any last words?

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Latest build is in testing now, if all goes smoothly itll be posted here in a few hours. Bot support! Its amazingly fun, to be honest. Deathmatch at its finest ;) This will be the last WIP version, from that point on itll be 'actual versions.' This marks a milestone in humanity: Wong finished something!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just so that all you strange people know, I'm going to release my Species mutator as well. Not for competition but because I know alot of people liked it.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out a good way to do the GUI in 2k4 so I'm leaving it out. Sorry, you'll have to do all your modification in the INI :)

EVENGROUND as well ;)

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Problems came up last night and i believe they're sorted for the most part...
So here's a new update.
Feedback would be nice as to the state of the mutator. Crappy powers? RandomAbility needs more damage? Drop the adren cost? More shields?! Come on people, out with it!

Not.Me

Jun 20, 2004
1. I think all species should start with enough adleniline to use the ability.

2. Is it possible to make species have more then one prefered weapon? (Is it now or could it be made so in the next version.)

3. I think hellfire is a little bit too powerful.

4. In onslaught you can still use species abilitys even though there is no adrenaline. (I like this but I though I'd tell you anyway.)

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
1) Yeah, i realized that a while ago :p A critically stupid decision, but its been fixed in current versions.
2) I can whip something up real quick, yeah.
3) Ill see what i can do to fix that
4) I need to sort out the timing on the abilities, but yeah... its supposed to do that :)

As soon as the powers that be clear it, Ill toss up another version... Youll have to trust me here, but it is much improved.

Azymn

Apr 10, 2004
How hard would it be to make an external config that let you customize the offhand weapons a bit (i.e. damage, speed, radius, etc...)?

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Oh noes, a new update. This time theres been a bunch of crap added or removed... So Ive included a changelog in the /help folder (if you really care to see whats changed ;) )
PCP's core works, but the GUI (ie: All of PCP's graphical representation) is horribly ugly and scattered around... Anyone got a suggestion for a better layout?