Adrenaline in UT2007, Yay or Nay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should Epic keep Adrenaline in UT2007?

• Yay

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 67 58.8%

• Total voters

Zofo

*BOOM*HEADSHOT*
Sep 13, 2005
My only problem with adrenaline is camoflage, i mean i just laugh so hard when im being attacked by a crate i cant hold the mouse still, gets me everytime....:lol:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Sir_Brizz said:
Adrenaline seems much more fit for the warfare gametypes (excluding AS) than for the standard ones.
Adrenaline would have been perfect for ONS. Invisible snipers, berserked node attackers, guys on speed to rush to nodes because they can't get a vehicle, etc. Another missed opportunity for suiteness, I suppose. :(

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Zofo said:
My only problem with adrenaline is camoflage, i mean i just laugh so hard when im being attacked by a crate i cant hold the mouse still, gets me everytime....:lol:
i still never understood that camouflage. what is it?

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
Adrenaline would have been perfect for ONS. Invisible snipers, berserked node attackers, guys on speed to rush to nodes because they can't get a vehicle, etc. Another missed opportunity for suiteness, I suppose. :(
I never realy thought about it, but it would have been helpful for the foot soldier.

As for the camo combo. I thought it was bugy since day one. What it should have done is made you look like what ever you were near at the time of activation. (Ex. Stand near a brick wall and activate, and you also look like the brick wall.)

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
It's definitely mutator material. Dunno why they decided to make it part of the core gameplay in the first place...gj de :hmm:

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
I like Adredaline-especially the camoflauge combo but in botmatches...it's useless. They should make teh b0tz 5t()P||).

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
I like adren. It ADDS to the gameplay and the REALISAM! I don't think Liandri would want boring fights with tired guys, but on the other hand they wouldn't want people becoming invisiable!

[-Radium-]

Waiting to Respawn
Apr 7, 2001
Visit site
Selerox said:
No, remove it completely. It's a built-in unbalancing factor in the game. It sucks and it helps drag out skill gaps ever more. Dump it.

Ding-Ding! I stopped reading after this post, because its true. Why should the better players gain an additional advantage over the opposition?

and just having scrolled down to see the last 2 posts of the thread, adrenaline adds to realism? :con: Maybe there have been huge changes to the adren system since I last used it, but I would hardly say its realistic. Hence it would probably be used in more realism games, rather than a game that has "unreal" in its title. :)

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
There should be an award for picking up X amount of pills, like "Adrenaline Horde, Pill Popper, or Junky."
LOL :lol:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Adrenaline should be a sub-extra mutator. And whenever you enable it on your server, it gets listed in the a seperate "adrenaline-enabled-server" window. Something like that.
I never liked those stupid pills.

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
Adredaline domination?
also, getting to 50 pills is very hard to reach if you have big maps...

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Creavion said:
Hmmm, if anybody know a mutator, where the player can find speed, booster, beserk or invisibility pickups?
There is a Relics mutator, but as soon as you install it the d@mn Anticheat muts servers run won't let you play online. It's reasons like that that I hate the UT2kx Anticheat programs.

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
my brother says hacks can only be detected if files are changed, but not if files are added...I haven't tried it and I don't kno how to hack yet.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Hacks can only be detected if you have a C:\Windows\System32 folder. Deleting that will make you hack-detection proof.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Or you can also overdose on cocaine. That stops annoying anticheat mutators in their tracks.

Not recommended unless you're an expert.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
-AEnubis- said:
One thing I had kinda forgot about, or not considered, is the idea of having so many powerups, that it would be next to impossible to "control" all of them. That I honestly think would be a good idea for DM/TDM.
Well let's be glad you stick to tam then.

Competative tdm is all about map control and powerup control and you can't argue that. And considering that you're not a competative tdm player, please stay away from our gametype. :D

BTW ADren in the 2kx series sucks, the UC2 adren system was much better, but I'd rather have it removed from the games to come.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I don't work for Epic.

...and if my influence is that strong, then it's one more feature of comp.

:tdown:

Or, you've always got quake... Id seems to actually care about the "competitive community."

JD said:
please stay away from our gametype.

Me said:
I just like to BS about it for fun though, I'm pretty much done with TDM unless it changes drastically in the near future, or I get stuck with nothing else to play.

Done, and done.