Ortican

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
but it became worse than legacy when i got into the fan system

No shame in that, after all few maps can live up to the incredibly high standards Legacy has set for SP

mmm sp, gotta download this I guess :p

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
yeah, bluff is completely different
it has lots of exploration, thats great
but nobody wants to explore the fan shafts...
know what I mean?

GMotha

The nipples from Napels
Nov 3, 2001
Antwerp
gmotha.deviantart.com
It's not about getting lost or stuff, but airvents aren't the most appealing places to crawl around in, certainly not if you get lost in there (wich makes you travel a longer time in a nasty and boring surraounding)...
If it were interesting, I'd like to get lost in there:p

for a first time sp map, this is extremly awesome ,more than i can say for some pp replying to this thread:)

Since I beta tested this map since early stages, I've grown quite familiar with it. Its a blast if set on Unreal difficulty, challenging. but i usually play on hard. I dont know what the Big fu<kin deal is with the vent, I crawled through in 5 minutes ( pupae are everywhere) and got to the otherside. From then on in, the map is pretty straightforward, even if getting inside the base is too hard for sum people ( he mentioned your mission in the freaking begining).

I like Hour's SP style, its a fun map if u wanna bust into a Skaarj stronghold and kill ****. Plus, it's got some cool architecture and design in some areas. Great job d00d.

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by DavidM

but it became worse than legacy when i got into the fan system
i dunno where to go -> sux
LOTS of pupaes -> sux
suddenly I felt down 100m and died -> i had enough and quit unreal

I have to agree
the same **** happened to me.

I will give it a second try later today

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Originally posted by Hourences
anyone found my little msg setup and my hidden big health ? :D

Smells like a Sun-Tzu Chocobo and I haven't even played it yet ;)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
totaly not inspired on Sun-Tzu but yes it looks a bit like it, but purely coincidence :)

but ffs, if you dont like the airvent take the second route, and now for all people a little walktrough to the second route to avoid the frigging airvent

-you dont go to the village or the access to the airvent but you walk on, you go around the corner of the base and there you have this little building in the rockwall, with 1 or 2 kralls (depends on difficult) in front of it, sleeping, shoot these bitches, now the stuff is clear, shoot at the middle of the door if you havent allready done that, the door will now fall and you can access the little building, now you are in an unleet little room with in the middle a pipe in to the ground, the pipe is sealed of by wood, you destroy the wood by chrushing it with the crate you see in the room, there is a big crate and on top of that you have this small crate, you shoot at the backside of the small crate with something, the crate will fall, chrusing the wood and you jump into the water, and from there on its ****ing straightforward

and yes its dark in the water but thats why you have a searchlight, hence

k?

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
I dont like halflife, but in HL they are straight and you know where to go
but then again there are thousands of them and in each of them I get 'surprised' by some facehuggers

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Originally posted by DavidM
I dont like halflife, but in HL they are straight and you know where to go
but then again there are thousands of them and in each of them I get 'surprised' by some facehuggers

Hmm that just reminded me that Facehuggers and Pupae are kinda the same... nasty little beasts, jumping around... tho Facehuggers can jump wider than Pupae, while Pupae can take more damage...

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
This time I completed it

but there was some things I really disliked!

Not enough health. Ive not played this map before and dont know where all of the monsters are hidden.

Texturing....starship texture set suck!

When I entered the mine I got something in my head and died....how come u didnt give me some kind of a warning?

weak monster placement......sometimes I just knew that behind that corner is monster.

Some of the monsters had too much health

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
you prolly had that airvent thing on your head, and yes maybe i should have made it fall earlyer so you couldnt get it on you but didnt noticed that

and i didnt had other textures and yes they are blury at times and stuff, but there was no other pack that suppored the theme well enough

and yes its a hard map, play it on a low difficult setting