Configure Health

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ralph67

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

First of all, I am running an invasion server and it is a very great game, thanks for making this.

Except for map group configurations which is already here requested, i have also another request.
Is it possible to make it possible to configure the health of a monster. That will make it possible to configure monsters that needs at least 3 or more hits before it dies, with an insta gib. Espec with bosses will this be more fun imho.

I have a little mut name monstermadness on my UT99 server which makes that possible too. The players like this alot.

I hope i made myself clear ;)

Cheers & keep up the great work!!

Ralph

Galtanor

Feb 4, 2008
ralph67,

The feature to adjust the health of the monsters already exists. To do so, all you need to do is edit the UTGaltanorsInvasionMonsters.ini file. Open that file, find the line that has the monster you want to modify. They generally look like this:

MonsterTable=(AliasName="FreezeBunny",ClassName="GaltanorsInvasion.MonsterFreezeBunny")

To modify the health, you just need to add the variables to define how you want to modify it.

This example will set the monster's health to 200:

MonsterTable=(AliasName="FreezeBunny",ClassName="GaltanorsInvasion.MonsterFreezeBunny",HealthModify=Modify_OverRide,HealthValue=200)

This example will simply double the monster's health, regardless of what it originally was set to:

MonsterTable=(AliasName="FreezeBunny",ClassName="GaltanorsInvasion.MonsterFreezeBunny",HealthModify=Modify_Multiply,HealthValue=2)

For more options on customizing monsters, see this page:
http://invasion.sudreal.org/index.php?title=Monster_Manager_Config

- Galtanor

ralph67

Oct 6, 2008
Hi Galtanor,

ahh thought i did read all the config options (rtfm) :doh:
Thanks and again great job