COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
What makes you think any CoD's after this one will be different?

Sadly, since most gamers are all talk and no substance when it comes to a boycott, and undoubtedly will buy this one regardless, IW/Activision will learn only one thing from this: They can do it, and people will bend over and fork over their dosh, and they will do it again.

Sadly, this is a loose/loose situation for us PC gamers, even if we could pull off a massive boycott, the Console players would still buy it, so what can we really win here? that IW/Activision will just skip the PC in the future? that seems likely..

Who says i am buying it? a wasted MP, i'm just going to torrent the single player. Gaming now a days is made for the console, that is probably why they did this. Making cod a console everything now. PC sales will go way down, and they will probably keep it this way.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Bless you, fan entitlement.

Nope, not a fan, CoD can tank for all i care, it's not my thing.

But lets face it, CoD is one of the biggest franchises going, and if they pull this stunt off there's a good chance that others will take notice and get similar ideas.. PC gaming is in enough trouble allready, this we could do without.

Mar 6, 2004
Nope, not a fan, CoD can tank for all i care, it's not my thing.

But lets face it, CoD is one of the biggest franchises going, and if they pull this stunt off there's a good chance that others will take notice and get similar ideas.. PC gaming is in enough trouble allready, this we could do without.

It's all because the sales are by the consoles. If you don't got console, you're **** out of luck.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Nope, seems to me that it's all about cost effeciency and control, why spend the extra man houers makeing PC specific features like Dedicated server support when you fully expect this platform to sell fewer copies?

That's the thing, I pretty much guarantee that putting in a dedicated server would have taken less man hours than IWnet.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
That's the thing, I pretty much guarantee that putting in a dedicated server would have taken less man hours than IWnet.

That's the truth of it. Give us dedicated servers and us PC players will handle the rest.

IW can stop acting like a bunch of assholes now.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark

Yes this time, but now that it's done i'll bet you they plan to use it for all future MW's they make (even Treyarch may be using it for future CoD's, Activision undoubtedly has their hands in this pot), thats where the savings come from, besides, IWnet is probably very similar to the system they are using for the Console versions, if not infact a simple port of the very same system, and i'll bet that will streamline production from now on.

I could be wrong, but i bet thats the big idea with this.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Considering there was a scene with people being lined up and shot in the first one I don't see what the big deal is about it happening in this one too.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
I'd been out of the country and away from the internet for about a month, and I came back to find out about this MW2 non dedicated server BS. What a let down on a game I'd been anticipating for quite awhile. Guess I'll save $60 though, so that's a plus!

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Considering there was a scene with people being lined up and shot in the first one I don't see what the big deal is about it happening in this one too.

In the first one it's an obvious bad person killing people. In this one, the player takes on the role of terrorist and goes through the airport killing innocent people.

I, for one, love it. I think that the first MW nailed the nuke scene perfectly (it was a surprising moment) and I think that the airport scene could be very thought provoking.

~Jason

Mar 6, 2004
In the first one it's an obvious bad person killing people. In this one, the player takes on the role of terrorist and goes through the airport killing innocent people.

I, for one, love it. I think that the first MW nailed the nuke scene perfectly (it was a surprising moment) and I think that the airport scene could be very thought provoking.

~Jason

I would love to play a cod where you go through single player playing the terrorists. Kill whoever i wanna kill, do whatever i wanna do. I am the man, let me smoke some biatches! Perhaps have a few main characters good and bad through the single player and you can choose the side (the end game they battle eachother with different endings because there are 4 players to choose from, 2 good, and 2 bad), while the other side has just clip scenes since you can't controll the other side, just your side. Let us know what these terrorist guys go through, and why they are so mad besides USA is teh suck.

Last edited:

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
If you're going to go on with your fan entitlement crusade, at least make jokes that either make sense or are funny.

I'm simply putting in what I see fit.

+1 post

EDIT: besides I dont have to ****n entertain you

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Then why don't you build one ?
Should be pretty easy ... :rolleyes:
It'd be like adding extra rooms to your house ...

// ---
Dedicated servers for a tiny community that will switch to whenever a new game in the series is released is a waste of resources.

Never mind that consoles have already proven that you don't need dedicated servers for a large community dedicated to playing a game on-line.

Activision has no reason to worry as they're getting free publicity and they know that 95% of the CoD-fanbase will buy their game just like all Fifa-fans will buy the new release each and every year.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Then why don't you build one ?
Should be pretty easy ...
It'd be like adding a extra rooms to your house ...

It's the same engine as CoD4 with a graphical update. It wouldn't be too hard to use the one from CoD4 with a few changes. And after that comment you are never allowed to say anything is easy without actually being able to do it yourself.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I don't see anything wrong with civilians being killed in the airport; many films have equally sensitive content, if not significantly worse. It's not as if the player is being let loose and told to gun down the civilians; they're part of the unit there to stop it.