Memes and BuF today

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
Not enough Ballin' in this thread.
ballin.gif
ballin.gif

ballin.gif
ballin.gif

ballin.gif
ballin.gif

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. BuF has indeed gone downhill since I came here a few years ago (but it didn't start then, it started maybe six months or a year ago.) What's the point in replying to the majority of the trash here? This forum used to be interesting most of the time. Nowadays, threads/posts that are actually well-thought and well-typed are few and far between. Some threads start off well, and quickly get turned into rubbish by the dumb crowd (Yes, dumb. You're not nearly as funny as you think you are.)

If you bring the problems up, like we just did, it's likely people are going to tell you "then find somewhere else." That's part of the problem.

So recently I was thinking... why not just find somewhere else? So I did. And now I rarely check this forum, let alone post in it. I still hang around #fragbu pretty regularly but I'll probably stop checking in there soon. It's getting more and more like BuF every day; lines upon lines of meaningless "let's all try to insult each other and be funny" bull****.

I could go on and on, but I would only be repeating the same things that I've been saying since 2006. We all know each other fairly well, and I know that the majority of you are really great people. So why is it that you've all decided to act like idiots here recently? I'm tired of saying "the forums will be the forums". The poor behavior on this forum is really starting to hurt things, and it's driving people away. I hope you all read the quoted post carefully because that's what you're turning this place into.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
If a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a person stops posting on an off-topic internet forum, and there's nobody to read it, is it tl;dr?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Oh, and BuF has always had its ups and downs. The longer you're here, the more likely you are to think that the new wave is a bunch of garbage and the days back when you first registered were the good ol' times. I would just recommend taking this stance: The good ol' days don't exist. The internet evolves, BuF evolves, the people that post here evolve. If you wish things were different, work at making positive contributions yourself, or if you think it's beyond help, find another forum.

I will say, however, that there's a reason I've kept posting here since 2001 and it has to do with the overall consistent high quality of this forum and website. Leave BuF for awhile and post on another forum, then come back and compare the two. Chances are good that this forum will compare favorably.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I will say, however, that there's a reason I've kept posting here since 2001 and it has to do with the overall consistent high quality of this forum and website. Leave BuF for awhile and post on another forum, then come back and compare the two. Chances are good that this forum will compare favorably.
I had to get you to come back, pine. ;)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I've been moving house for the past few days but i'm glad this thread got the opinions posted that it did.

BuF will always be that place i always visit everytime i open a browser for reasons i couldn't possibly say and it's a good sign that i could air my thoughts as i did with little to no rejection and i thank you all kindly for patiently paying attention to my waffling on. :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Oh, and BuF has always had its ups and downs. The longer you're here, the more likely you are to think that the new wave is a bunch of garbage and the days back when you first registered were the good ol' times. I would just recommend taking this stance: The good ol' days don't exist. The internet evolves, BuF evolves, the people that post here evolve. If you wish things were different, work at making positive contributions yourself, or if you think it's beyond help, find another forum.

Worth quoting.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
You people just take things too seriously. There are the serious threads with the serious discussions, and there are the funny threads where we all make fun of each other. And its the inside jokes in those said funny threads that make this place worthwhile.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You people just take things too seriously. There are the serious threads with the serious discussions, and there are the funny threads where we all make fun of each other. And its the inside jokes in those said funny threads that make this place worthwhile.

:tup: