Silencer MOD - Modellers Required

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

6(sic)6

CK Killer
Jan 6, 2001
South Of Heaven
www.planetunreal.com
Ok the MOD Silencer is curerently looking for some Modellers. If you would like to join, post here or visit there forums at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~ratdevelopment/ubb6/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi go to Join Silencer and ask about it in there. This is an extract from what the weapon modeller is looking for.

I'm going to put some requests on some various sites for more help with modeling/animating etc.
I will be moving to my new home on the 8th, this comming week. So that means it's going to be a good while before I can back to modeling and animating..allthough. My plan is finish the socom and have it in game before I move. I was getting ready to animate it before I left to find an apartment.
Anyway, back to the subject and hand.
We are going to need someone who can model and animate, as well as layout the UV's. I sent wolverine the details on what's required for the modelers. I have been having problems with my email, so just to be safe, I'll post it here as well, so that way someone can add it to the "join" section of the site.

***begin paste***

POLYGON FARMER
Character and Weapon modelers/animators.

Do you lovenly water and care for your tender polygons until they grow into hideous and unspeakable monsters of incredible destruction or weapons of mass destruction? Can you breath life into your mass of polygons and make them dance about on screen with movement and grace?
Well, that’s what we’re looking for.
We are looking for additional help in character and weapon modeling for the Silencer TC.

Here a some requirements:
· Characters should be between 500 to 1500 polygons, please take into account they may be holding a 300-600 polygon weapon as well.
· You must use a 3D package that can export to the Unreal engine format. Preferably the .psa and psk formats. (Skeletal animation, IK, bones)
· Milkshape, 3DstudioMax and Maya all have this ability. You can download a plugin from www.epicknights.com for both Maya and Studio max to export to the .PSA and .PSK file formats.
· It’s best if you can create your own animations instead of using the existing ones. A list of animations will be provided for you, to get an idea, check out www.epicknights.com.
· Weapon modelers will be responsible for doing research on the weapon for reference material and modeling guides. Concept art can be provided by Sam(sam crowe a.k.a. samdragon) if needed. Or other members can contribute concept art as well.
· You must be able to animate the weapon in a realistic manner, such as reloading, selecting and firing.
· The weapon’s gonna need some hands and arms. Those will be provided for you, as we already have those modeled and ready to texture.
· Each model has 2 variations
1. The view weapon, which is seen from the player’s point of view, with the hands.
2. The 3rd person view weapon. This weapon is used for both the pickup and hand held weapon seen by the other players as they move about in the game.
· It’s a good idea that you delete the faces not seen in the first person view. This will lower the polycount and allow for heavier polygon items in game and in your view.
· You also need to know how to lay out the UV’s of the model. You can get some help for this if needed. Keep in mind, the texture artist(skinner) can’t texture the weapon until it’s UV’s have been laid out or as some refer to it as “un wrapped”.
· Weapon naming is very important, as the final output format must have a unique name, such as psg.psa and psg.psk. Not rifle.psa or pistol.psk. Naming conventions will be discussed in more detail later.
· A good attitude and a team player is essential
· Good communication skills, as long as you can type reasonably well and communicate your ideas either through sketches or long winded speeches we will be happy. If you’re the type who disappears for a week and shows up with a model. It doesn’t do us a whole lot of good. As things may have changed in that one week.
· You also need to have pretty good organizational skills. You’re going to be responsible for animating and modeling various things and keeping track of all that can get confusing.
· Did I mention good communications skills yet? Show us progress shots of your work. Either screen shots or rendered images. This includes wire frames etc. If it takes you some time to model something, show us the progress. We’ll be glad to give your ego a boost and tell you how awesome you’re doing :)
· Don’t worry so much about the coding part, using the skeletal system in Unreal is pretty easy and the ActorX exporter will generate the code needed by our talented programmers to get the models in game :)

This is one of those situations where experience with mod work really isn’t needed, but it does help. If you are new and looking to get some game experience for your resume, this is the place to do it. We have very talented people on our team who are glad to help out and answer questions as well as share ideas. If you want to give it a try go for it!
If you have previous modeling experience, please present us with a url to your work or post some examples in our forums.
Again, this is a team project. You will be expected to communicate with certain members and keep us updated on your progress as well as participating in team “brain storming” sessions in the private forum. It’s something that can be at your leisure, but we do appreciate member participation in our discussions.

***end paste***
Please edit as you see fit.
I'll update my plan on the site and after I finish packing some stuff I'll work on the socom :) I'll try my best to get it done before I go.
later
Sam