bots that behave.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bushwacker

Your Man In Havana
Dec 11, 1999
Cuba
hosted.barrysworld.net
Hi
I'm building a single player map with a small fort inside of it. I'd like to have a few bots inside defending it. When I put them in they will defend it but they also defend the fort from me. I've changed the attitudes to friendly but thats not working. If anyone can help thanks. Bushwacker
ps. I'm very new to the game and I'm sure it shows!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Unfortunetly without modifying the script, bots will always see you as a high priority threat and will attack.

Ari might be able to help a bit more with this as it seems to be somewhat common.

bushwacker

Your Man In Havana
Dec 11, 1999
Cuba
hosted.barrysworld.net
Hmmm I'm sorry to hear that. I do have one other question though, what is Ari? Or should I say who is Ari? Ok one more, is there somewhere to find a scripted bot that would work for me? Or I guess I could learn C++ And do it myself. (right) Thanks Bushwacker.

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Is this map for UT or Unreal? If its for UT I cant be of much help
since I dont own UT yet. If its Unreal theres really nothing that can
be done since bots dont reconize a player unless its a botmatch team
game. So your answer would be to set the default map type to a teamgame
with a certain # of bots on the same team as your players team. If you
set your fort to have a homebase in it then the bots should defend it
from OTHER bots or players of a different team. I have no clue about
monsters. Good luck and lemme know if you need anything else. I'll try
to be of help.

Ari

PS: The above was cut straight from the email I sent you that I got back cause it said your address had errors or somethin.