[BETA] Addon Overtime Last Chance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Videowiz92

Video Freek
Jul 18, 2005
I'll try reinstalling the patch but yes I have patch 3355. But I've also heard reports of when people install certain things it messes up a file to where you would have to reinstall the most recent patch. Maybe that's what's going on.

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
As suggested over here I have installed this mutator at the MotherShip and it's working well. :) However I do have some suggestions:

- switch the color of the blockers over so they correspond to the switch color (already mentioned elsewhere in this thread)
- add an option to allow the "regular" overtime for x minutes and let the addon jump in after a configurable time has passed (maybe UnrealGrrrl can do a few audio announcements for this aswell)
- somehow the written announcements don't feel perfect to me, maybe someone has some good suggestions here

All of these are just minor stuff, great job on this addon Lynx, keep it coming! :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Sexmachine said:
- somehow the written announcements don't feel perfect to me, maybe someone has some good suggestions here

I can take a look at those.

I've also made a few tweaks to the layout of the config options too, so they line up nicely like the bundled add-ons :)

_Lynx: I can PM you the classes I alter, unless you have this on a CVS.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
What's the difference between message 100 and message 200?

When I got to overtime, I saw two messages on screen: "OMG! The Jail locks are jammed!" at the top in red (from the add-on), and "OVER TIME" at the bottom in blue (from the game itself). I think the "OMG" needs to be toned down a bit...

A couple of other problems:
* I get the "last man" message, whether I was last man when the match went into OT, or not.
* I don't really like the way I can't walk through the release switch any more. It means I can jump up and stand on top of it! Seems quite weird, especially as the blocking begins some way off from the visual switch I can see. I know there was a lot of debate about whether the switch should block / repell / do nothing...
* I don't see the switch blockers. ???

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
teleport back to base?

Remove the blocking volume, just let the switch not work any more. Removing the dots is a good idea too.

Dont really understand the 'last man' message. When OT starts, you get the message, whether you're last man or not?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Jrubzjeknf said:
Remove the blocking volume, just let the switch not work any more.

Yeah, I think that would be fine.

Jrubzjeknf said:
Dont really understand the 'last man' message. When OT starts, you get the message, whether you're last man or not?

No.
If I'm the last man when OT starts, the message continues. It should stop, since I can't release.
If I become the last man during OT, then the message appears. It shouldn't.

However, looking at the code, I don't see how the last man message can be prevented from appearing.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
One other thing to consider if you're going to update this addon... something I thought of given the events of last Sunday's lockdown maybe you could implement a "delay" time.

By that I mean that if you set a delay time of 5 then if a match went into overtime nothing would change for the first 5 minutes (so you could release your teammates). However after the delay time is up then you could bring in the locked switches part.

That may provide a sufficient compromise for everyone.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Also was suggested an option to let arena fights continue or not in overtime

There is an option to allow arena matches to be started during OT.
Do you mean something that would stop an arena match in progress when OT starts?