Puff Puff Pass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should the sniper have a puff of smoke.

• yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Show me where I mocked XMP in there genius? I pointed out a fact (something you seem to be allergic to)that XMP failed. I then took a chance to slam him (as he took a crack at me) for being a beta tester of a game that failed.

At which point, brizz to the rescue with more of his lies/ignorance “you mocked xmp”. Get a grip.

Or perhaps I am wrong and xmp has thousands of players (like other FREE games ala AA and RTCW) that are online daily playing the crap out of making making it the bestest thing since sliced bread.

As for it being tacticle, wow CTF with vehicles and resources, you don't say... tribes did that so long ago (oh wait more facts). Granted it's better than ONS.

brizz and truth are like oil water.

I then took a chance to slam him (as he took a crack at me) for being a beta tester of a game that failed.
Troll alarm.

If you don't like XMP, fine. If you're going to flame people for liking something you don't then I'd think you deserve a read-only for this forum at least. Be nice people, get back to the flippin topic and stop acting like dicks before the mod-squad get into gear with some punishment.

Last edited:

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Once again, I didn't mock XMP, I mocked a player.
Olga have you been taking lessons in the art of BS from the likes of brizz?

I mocked a player (which you quoted oh silly you) which you take as a game slam (even though you choose to quote a comment by me that specifies that I slammed a player, pure genius).

Also lets go further obi-wan knows-****. where does it state that I dislike xmp? And since you can't prove that (and TBH I like xmp off and on), then how in the hell would I be flaming him for liking something I don't (seriously ed-teller let's have your advanced theoritical stuff here, and save us all the time).

Think mcfly think.

or continue to spout ignorant crap and have the clutch of "hi, I might be spouting unthought out BS from my rectum, but at least said thanks to the toilet after I flushed my crap down it".

Remember kiddies, bold faced lies and slander are ok if you say it nice... but telling the truth doesn't count if you use a naughty word.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Maturity is not taking the chance to slam him, even if it is able to be precieved as warranted. You sill seem to miss the point of what conduct is acceptable on these forums.

I'm willing to "discuss" this further, but at current pace, I feel you will follow the same path as MaXmOtO. Feel free to read some of his postings of same attitude and try to learn from his mistakes.

Again, use of the word ignorant, even in in-appropriate context, and the fact that you mocked anything, won't fly here. You seem to have a slightly better grip then he (mentioned above) did on what is opinion, and what is fact, but only slightly. I think another thing you need to understand, is simple matters of "majority rules" also don't really apply here as fact. We, understand that sometimes the majotity is wrong, so simply because something is not popular doesn't mean it was a failure. Even your comparison of Tribes: Vengeance and Ut2k4 should reflect that.

Basically, I dont' wanna goto to work one day in the middle of a discusion, and come home to see you banned, as I did with MaX, so please, try to tread lightly.

I, as well, pushed a "rough start" when I got here, but I'm still here because I was able to recognize other peoples points, and differenciate fact from opinion. Unfortunately, those threads got lost in a crash :D, but some old school regs here, may remember :eek:

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
About the tribes thing....

Tribes V, and XMP shared one fatal flaw. Despite the quality of both games, they were developed in a closed beta by gamers that wanted to make their own specific game. Both were good, yet booth lacked the critical ability to work outside of said community. Greate concepts, idiot testers that ruined both games, and thus both have died horrible deaths. The similiarities "omg why don't you play our great game, wait the devs cut us off, wait what they screwed us, omg online petition" are strikingly similar. If this proves anything, it's that "bubble betas with morons = failed game" I don't want the next UT to fall into this pit of suck ass. (hence why I am posting here). I honestly give a damn if the franchises next iteration works or not.

TBBH, the opinions that forum regulars express here smack of the same "bubble stupid" that tanked both those games.

So let me make a point on topic....

If you think the puff o noob, hurts the sniper, your beyond help. The problem with the sniper in 2kx is that it's idiotic in it's set implimentation. Weapon balance (or in the case of ut99 ie spam face) over balance makes a game playable, and fun. Also with the advancement of cyber sports a game must get major events in order to work. Hell painkiller was a turd and ended up fine, doom3 was a gem and got owned by lack of events. 2k4 was one of the best games of the year, but is off and on depending on the level of top events for it (or minor stuff like the gameamp stuff, or draft events ala mlut).

These problems need to be looked at NOW, and fixed. Bold faced lies, and BS don't help it, and even if said politely lead to a game that stands a large chance of massively failing and taking a second seat to quake4 as the only sci-fi fps of choice.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I understand what you are saying, and agree that this game should second as something that can be played at big events, and competitively, so that it's gets said following. It is important in the long run for cyber sports. That though, will always be second in the eyes of epic, because they really don't make the game for fame, or money, or what have you.

Their first goal, is what they feel is a fun game to play, and even though, that can be precieved as what will sell, I feel Epic does try to retain the role of true artists. Despite the fact that they do seem to read, and process community ideas and requests, they aren't quick to do things that are counter productive, even if it is in the majority. They do seem to do a good job of understanding balance, and not just "doing what the community says", and thus far they community (as a majority) usually comes around (just reference many minigun debates through UT2k3, and early 2k4 to see what I mean).

Basically, no matter how abnoxious you are in forums, it won't matter, Epic is still to assess things quite objectively, and test them out whithout our knowledge to the point where, for you, getting banned from a forum or two really isn't worth it. Even when they do side with the majority, they usually do it in a way that isn't to the extreme that the majority thought was needed, and yet, they eventually see how it was wise that they didn't.

On a side note, I've downloaded a couple demos, and am in the process of trying to watch them, but I'm relatively intoxicated right now, so going is a bit slow. I'm not as familiar with Q3A as I am with Uengine, as previously stated. As well, I have the entire weekend off with plans of celebrating a friends 21st, and havig a LAN at the house. So, no garuntees on how soon I get them reviewed, and relay my opinion of that.

Basically, don't think epic is impressionable, like some little kid. You don't need to debate that strong for them, or in hopes to influence them. Really, you can only hope to subtlely give them ideas. Maturity of your presentation will make a difference though ;)

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
The only part I disagree with f&m on is that only forum regulars talk smack on here. It isn't smack, it's their opinion, and if it's about physics and weapons in a game, that can't really be seen from multiple viewpoints nor as an opinion. Why don't we ask the Uscripters about this kind of thing? This is the kind of thing they have to modify, subclass, and in some cases, replace for their coding efforts to work. Epic betatest within their establishment, heck, they had a bloody dev team playing each map everyday for months on end before they released.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Read some of it, watched a demo I couldn't duplicate, and tried some of it, and it definately feels exploitive.

Embraced or not, I don't feel for arguement sake it can be used as evidence for how quakes intended movement system is any more dymanic then any other games of it's genre. It's comperable to boost jumping, except that ws much easier to figure out. Regarless, even if we agree to disagree, it has little to do with the subject at hand. Honestly, this as been stopped from veering in so many directions, I wouldn't know what the original subject was if I couldn't go back and read post 1.

So I re-itterate, I don't tink a puff of smoke will be in any way necessary, because the new sniper variant will be a whole new beast, without attributes of previous sniper weapons that may cause epic to think it's necessary. The happiness I will exude if the new sniper weapon is not hit-scan will be unparralelled, and I will buy 2 copy's of this game just to say I did, case closed.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Stilz said:
hey buddy, i dont mean to flame, but his points were retarded sorry.
Care to explain what was retarded ?
Or is it that they're true and you've got nothing to counter except shouting 'it is retarded' ?

id like for the lg to stay in, but you know epic is to stubborn and is stuck on their ways.
Epic have been anything but 'stuck' on their ways as they at least dared to add new stuff to their game.
And as for being stubborn ... I consider that an advantage. It means I can depend on them to not change the game to suit the flavour of the day.
Besides : the game can be modded, so if the damage/RoF of a weapon isn't 'perfect' it only takes a few minutes to adjust.

i was rather just saying for the sniper rifle to not have the smoke and for it to do to 70 damage instead of 60 which is what sniper does in 2k4.
Given that health still defaults to 100 it won't matter whether it's '60' or '70' as both result in a sniper needing 2 shots for a kill on an unarmoured target.
Never mind that as before any newbie coder can solve the 'problem', but real players just adapt.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
inty said:
I see xmp in your sig, did your quality beta input help that game become the shimmering gem of a huge massive failure it was Let's all listen your advice because it obviously works.
Despite your ingenius attacks on the credibility of others ( :rolleyes: ), this is more than an attack on a person. You are blaming the success of a game on a group of people that had nothing to do with it, based on information you know nothing about. Way to go! :tup: :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.