Upcoming Unreal Alpha and Beta versions release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I wonder how much of all that **** he said was a hoax. Everything? I suspected it for a loooooong time now. The stuff he said about having the CDs firstly flooded, then lost, then fixed.... I believe he just wanted to daydream :)

OR he wanted to con us into believing all this, reporting all these findings and then it's WE that'd been treated like fools and no one would know who conned us. Leo, if you don't mind, I'll clearly state who this is. Awaiting your signal.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I wonder how much of all that **** he said was a hoax. Everything? I suspected it for a loooooong time now. The stuff he said about having the CDs firstly flooded, then lost, then fixed.... I believe he just wanted to daydream :)

OR he wanted to con us into believing all this, reporting all these findings and then it's WE that'd been treated like fools and no one would know who conned us. Leo, if you don't mind, I'll clearly state who this is. Awaiting your signal.

Well ok then if you want.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom

+1 to this, I'd like to see what he has to say about this whole matter. Almost everything he told me, and everyone else across OU, BuF and USP turned out to be false.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Alas, we seem to have little luck as far as people informing us about the betas are concerned. Both have revealed to be unauthentic.

For one, we have the person mentioned in the tags as the one who 'lied to a community'. Well, that he did indeed. He provided us not a single alpha or beta, or even any concept docs or other resources to verify his claims. The fact that he led three people into believing his fairytales has ALMOST led to pinpointing them as unreliable sources of information -- this however luckily was reversed and all three may safely be trusted because now we know they were just messengers and the source of the fairytales was the person in question.

The other individual approached Leo recently (or maybe was found by Leo? I don't remember now) stating he's an Epic employee. He did provide us a document, an alpha techdemo of Unreal, the 97 one and some other media that made him credible... until he was revealed as a hacker. Even though I find his later behavior appalling, I still must thank him for providing what he did, since the stuff he provided revealed that our common Canadian acquaintance has in fact led us to believe fairytale daydreams.

However, our luck seems to slowly reverse. A source I am not in the liberty to specify provided us two documents revealing more about Unreal levels and storyline and the latest successes in Unreal PSX recovery that Leo's so fiercely fighting for, also reveal a lot of information, especially when crosschecked with alpha screenshots (John Anderson's E1L6), the books (concept of Jrath as compared to the Dranoel AI from Prophet's Power) and the like. Yes, Unreal PSX is an important milestone in our (or to be exact: first and foremost and practically only Leo's) successes. The results can be seen in multiple threads started and maintained by Leo himself. Sadly, I am unsure if I can reveal the names of our benefactors, so I'll play safe and say nothing about their names. Folks in the know already are aware of their identities, but that counts only Leo, myself and 1-2 people and I hope that THIS knowledge does not spread until we are completely sure that this is a safe zone.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I still can't believe how dumb we all were, including me, to originally fall for this stuff. I thought that perhaps GreatEmerald etc misinterpreted originally his words but I still believed in the story in general originally.
It's just ridiculous, and all the version numbering, there was never anything like beta 1.5 or concept of upgraded flyby castle, wtf. The Activision stuff, Unreal was planned to be released under EA but during 1996 they got the GT Interactive deal and even started giving out early licenses which only few saw the daylight in the end due to budget cuts. While the original female character seemed to be designed around the looks of natives from amazonian forest(and Cliff mentioned that at some article or somewhere iirc too), I don't think her name was anything like was said in the first post, however the female skin/mesh got slowly changed to the gina looks and the 97 partial design doc reveals some background and the Unreal novels are based on that background, but in Unreal novel the female protagonist is named Zofia. (her last name is revealed as well, but it matches with what dinwitty said about "Sophia" earlier in the thread)
But this story and everything just sounded too good to be true, the Unreal 2 story had more authenticity but this was completely ridiculous. I now know many of the exact details that are completely different/opposite of what was said in the thread.
But I must ask, why did everyone(except hellscrag and some people at usp, which was actually quite sensible of them I must admit) believe the story/guy to begin with? Not to mention someone even thought back then that me contacting someone at DE over it was bad idea, when it was all false anyway.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
The Unreal 2 stuff convinced me more than anything. With Unreal's long development, I figured pretty much anything was possible. I wouldn't have believed it if I had known who the "source" was. I just don't get what he got out of it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The Unreal 2 stuff convinced me more than anything. With Unreal's long development, I figured pretty much anything was possible. I wouldn't have believed it if I had known who the "source" was. I just don't get what he got out of it.
I'm not sure if I should say it, but afaik he did have some mental problems, he could have believed it himself entirely(and after what I heard about him it's not surprising). He even went ballistic during 2011 when I stated it here in the forums that it was hoax and added this to the readme of one of his maps:
"Once I return to the main Unreal/UT scene... MR. Leoo(T.C.K.) is going to have to explain to me why he went behind my back and told LIES about those fucking Unreal Alphas and Betas to random forums, when infact they are true! Just because there is no proof, that does not mean that it's false 100% of the time! I'll never forgive you as long as I live, so FUCK YOU! I used to look up to you and shit, thinking you were a great guy, and I prayed for you to heal of your condition. Well, I feel sick to my stomach everytime I think of praying for you...you useless pile of shit, GO TO FUCKING HELL!!"
And yet another line: "Now, with that all said and off my chest...meet me y'all (except you Leo(T.C.K.), you motherfucking double-crossing bastard ^^ :/ ) on my clan server, where almost every Saturday we have our "Clan Event"."

I think that can speak for itself. The fact is even back in the day when this was announced, he avoided talking to me about any details, one can wonder why, instead he told lots of fake details to others, probably not to me because he would figure out that I would call it a bluff. About nothing of the stuff he said turned out to be true, and perhaps this was one of my motivations to search for beta content myself(one of the reasons to see if anything he said was true or at least approaching it). Hell I even felt bad that I might have been the cause for slowing down the process back in the day or somehow screwing it up, but it was all out of convenience stuff and all fake.
EDIT:
But perhaps not dwell on the past too much. I hate how I used to act sometimes on forums too, not that there weren't reasons behind it or my condition, but I should have been more subtle perhaps (in the end it only turned more people against me, people I had nothing against, even though that could have been avoided). I did have a lot of anger problems myself in the end and sometimes such outbursts made me look foolish/not credible, but I don't care about that now anyway, it's all behind me.

Last edited: