Specific team-mates; random opponents in Instant Action

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scramjet

Jan 11, 2012
Hi
I recently started playing UT2004 and I've almost finished Single player mode.
I'd like to play the instant action mode with team-mates of my choice but my opponents should be chosen by the game to balance the number of my team.
Is that possible?

Currently the only options I see are to choose both mine and opponent's team from the bot roster, or I can choose the number of bots and the game will automatically fill up both teams. I need something in-between.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
If I understand correctly, you want to play with uneven teams.

Let's say you want to play 5 vs 8.

Start a game with 10 players
Open the console and type "addbluebots 3" if you're on red or "addredbots 3" if you're on blue.

Scramjet

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Benfica, no I'm not looking to play with uneven number of bots. It's going to be me and 4 of my chosen bots in the Blue team, game can fill up the Red team with 5 bots of it's choosing. So it's 5 vs. 5.

"addredbots 5" gives a message of "Unrecognized command". So I looked for other similar commands and "addbots 5" works.

So now I start a game with me and 4 bots of my choosing in the blue team, and immediately type "addbots 5" in the console, that adds 5 bots to the Red team automatically. Thanks a lot.

AlCapowned, I've downloaded the mutator, but I haven't tried it yet. Ideally I would like to have the game fill up the opponent bots and also allow me to configure the roles of my team-mates before the game begins, just like in the single player ladder. If this mutator can do that it'll be great. I'll check and post here.

Update: No, the mutator is for having more bots than players or something like that. Not what I'm looking for. But addbots command works.

Last edited: