Welcome To A New America!!!!! (For the better even)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Actually Roberts flubbed the reading and threw it off. :eek:
And Obama corrected it. Roberts even admitted the flub.

[PSI]Snow White;2241363 said:
Obama goofs right off the bat

It didn't take long for Barack Obama to make the first mistake of his presidency.

In the third sentence of his inaugural speech Tuesday, the newly sworn-in president said, "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath."

While there have been 44 presidential administrations, there have been only 43 presidents; Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms in the late 1800s.

:lol::lol::lol:
And? Bush couldn't even count to 44.

If you REALLY want to mince words and split hairs, the first American to take the oath was Martin Van Buren, the 8th president. The first 7 were born under British rule.

Conclusion: You're a sore loser who's sad that a Democrat took the office from President ****-Up, and now you're looking for anything to take a potshot. Take a hike.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

If you REALLY want to mince words and split hairs, the first American to take the oath was Martin Van Buren, the 8th president. The first 7 were born under British rule.

Conclusion: You're a sore loser who's sad that a Democrat took the office from President ****-Up, and now you're looking for anything to take a potshot. Take a hike.

Well said, DP. :tup:

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
Congratulations! Will be tough for him to live up to the expectations though, seems like he has a lot of stuff to clean up after the former president on top of the current economic turbulence. For example the foreign debt, must feel weird that all these all-american ("I had a B in economy, but an A in lowering taxes") tax cuts were funded by the biggest communism regime of the world. Really nice touch to strech out a hand to the muslim world in his speach, gives me hope. The rest of the world is pleased to see a politician as president again. :tup:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Sorry but you can't make a political thread, and then afterwords whine because people made political statements in it. Did you really think we would all just sit quietly and watch you jerk off together? Get real.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Oh seriously, grow a pair. The republicans have been chomping at the bit to make fun and it's not like the left has really been a model of restraint.

It doesn't upset me. I just think it's ridiculous that someone would take the time to point out such a stupid mistake and act like it matters at all. Obama actually delivered a great inaugural address, which is a nice change because Bush was no great orator. Now, if someone finds something that is actually funny I will be okay with that!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Now this is a man who actually sounds convincing, in dire times such as these right? Sure, he won't be able to realise all he has promised, and it'll be a long ride on a rocky road for both the Usa and the entire world but... damn, the man has something. There's power in his words, the way he says things.

Here's to hoping a certain amount of much needed change will indeed come. But I give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he can deliver. :tup:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I look at it this way; Since Bush was such a failure in everything he did in office, including his speeches, this guy already did more in less than one hour that Bush did in 8 years. It was a great speech.:)

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
How about we all just wait and see what happens, no? You guys are so bought up into this hype and nonsense that its completely beyond you to even think that it's possible he could turn out worse than Bush. *GASP* IMPOSSIBLE! HE'S A DEM/LIBY!

Now, I'm no idiot and I doubt he'll be 'as bad' as Bush. I just say the above to suggest how blind with hype some folks are, and also blind with disdain towards Bush which I think is largely misplaced.

And you're all bought up into this nonsense that its all Bush's fault. Hes the figure head so he gets blamed. Lets not forget that the beloved democrats, of whom Mr Obama is a part, have been running congress for the last couple years.

I'll support Obama even though I don't agree with his stances, but I won't get caught up in this 'savior of America' circle jerking when he hasn't even done anything yet.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
And Obama corrected it. Roberts even admitted the flub.

:eek:

Dark Pulse..... respect+++

All political affiliations aside, that was some pwnage.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Sorry but you can't make a political thread, and then afterwords whine because people made political statements in it. Did you really think we would all just sit quietly and watch you jerk off together? Get real.
there's no reason this should be a "political" thread...

How about we all just wait and see what happens, no?
yes :)

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
[PSI]Snow White;2241410 said:
I let propaganda do my thinking for me!

The world is not black and white. It's many shades of grey; there is no absolute truth and you need to learn to think in more dimensions than just good/bad, Republican/Democrat. Life is a lot more complex than that, and you're only limiting yourself. I wonder how you'd feel if I pulled out the microscope and picked at you like a festering pustule the way Sean Hannity does to EVERYONE. Any moron can do it, but a person of noteworthy character will live and let live and have faith that time will eventually expose the truth. Don't jump the gun.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
[PSI]Snow White;2241406 said:
The bigger historically accuracy was when he told the story of Washington's troops during the harsh winter of 1777. Obama said "the capital had been abandoned..."

Fact is, there was no capital in 1777. :lol::lol::lol:

The capital city at the time was Philadelphia. It was the center of the Revolution as far as politics go. Don't be an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.