HK 69 sucks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
B

Billdog

Not only could we use a more efficient grenade launcher (like MGL-MK1 6 drum or MM-1 with a 12 drum both using 40mm), we could also use some more efficient grenades. If you shoot a guy up with a 40mm one aught to do it. I'm tired of shooting 3 40mm at my opponents before they die.

This is a blatant attempt to make YOU post some more. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

H

Hodag

I'd like to see the M4 w/203

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

R

RaekwoN

I'm with Hodag on this one, lose the HK 69, give us M4 with 203. The HK 69 mostly sucks, crap fire rate, crap practicality, just crap on a whole.

W

Warren

The M4 and M16 will have the option for an M203- it all just depends on how you spend your money and divvy up your weight. We'll also keep the HK69 because, well, we can! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Seriously though- 2.x has weak hk69 grenades to keep a fair balance. It's not realistic, which will change with ver 3. One grenade should easily kill a person. The reason we're keeping it in the game is because I'll be incorporating a step ladder aiming device that won't be available on the M4 or M16 because it'll add too many polys to those weapons which are already high with all those attachments.

G

Nothing in Infiltration 'sucks', it is by far the best real life mod out there, AND its FREE. There can always be improvements, but as I dont do any work on it, I will not complain. I try to state my case and suggest changes, constructive rather than destructive.

Everyone who works on Infiltation-you rock and do great work, keep it up! The mod has come light years since 1.0 (seems like a long time ago, no?), stay the course.

H

Hodag

Oh my God!!!
RaekwoN agreed with me!!!
The end of the world is nigh...

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

[This message has been edited by Hodag (edited 10-15-1999).]

H

Hodag

Actually, it seems we're usually on opposite sides of an argument/debate...

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

R

RaekwoN

I can be agreeable, when someone knows what they are talking about. Otherwise, I just don't have the time.

H

Hodag

I...nahhhhh...

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

B

Billdog

The South African MGL-MK1 is used in Sri Lanka.
With a autoloading grenade launcher, you could get rid of a lot of grenades and players fast (120 RPM).
I don't mind to keep the HK 69 in, but there is something out there creating another way of war.

coffeycan and others who question my interest in Infiltration: I didn't get the veteran mark on my posts, in one single day. Updating UBB don't take that long /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

W

Warren

Never fear, oh destroyer of worlds. If you remember, we'll be inlcuding the Mk19 automatic grenade launcher which fires 300 rnds a minute. Now THAT will ruin anyone's birthday. This weapon will be a turret that level designers can place in their levels. It will also have 3 options- infinite ammo, set rounds to be used only once, or set rounds to be recharged after a certain amount of time has gone by. This will apply to every turret weapon we create.

B

Billdog

No I didn't forget. It's just that a good surprise party can't be done twice in a row. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

G

I, nor anyone else is questioning Billdog or anyone else's interest in Infiltration. The (failed) point I was trying to make was that the way that people choose to present suggestions could be more constructive, and that we all should count our blessing for people willing to take the time and effort to make a great game.

B

Billdog

coffeycan:
Frankly I felt that the forum was thinning, so the mission were to provoke.

T

Tarkuss

Well, the weapon is called the "69"

Are you SURPRISED that it sucks? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(And with that hideous joke, I welcome myself to nonlurkerdom...)

Tarkuss!