Binoculars and break lights...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Binoculars

I believe we would have great use for binoculars : sometimes it's really hard to see at long range in the game, and not everyone carry scope or play on a very large screen (mine is a bit small). It could work like a scope, exept it would not allow you to fire any weapons...

Break lights

The lack of flashlights in night mission is very annoying at time... I think it would be interesting to have some light source we could drop or throw around to light up dark corner or blind some enemies ;).

Anyway, thoses 2 things would be easy to add (at least to my knowledge).

I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
hmm

flares and Night Vision scopes would kick ass

Snake{/SK\}

www.savagekillers.com

"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making other bastards die for their country."
George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
yeah, binoculars will be implemented later on. Only problem is: we haven't managed to get the Beppo clone (his name is Boppe, a lovely guy) to work properly, so this will have to wait some time.
Both Beppo and Optikron are stuck in work.

But in later versions there will be binocs most definately

infsig1c.gif

TaBu[NiW]

Feb 17, 2000
Visit site
Breakable lights

on/off lights are some kind of dynamic lights and can have a big impact on performance if overused.
And more TriggerLights means more memory requirements, map wise.
So a few TriggerLights in small areas, rooms, corridors are a nice feature, but for example, making all the streetlights in silicy destroyable, would have a big impact on performance.
Of course this is only my exprience, and maybe i'm totally wrong.

TaBu[NiW]

W

WRATHGAR sniper

and in HL i think, its been awhile since i played it

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Breakable lights are something which is the responsibility of the mapper. Many maps have this feature, but not all mappers use it.

So we just have to convince mappers to use breakable lights on their maps.

sigdarkness.gif

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>REAL
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

doorguy

Jun 24, 2000
www.doorbot.com
Doesn't Unreal have Flares? I assume UT has them as well (they were used in Dark Matches) as a legacy bit of code/model from Unreal. Perhaps the Inf team can implement these first, then a "real" flare or whatever later on...

doorbot.com - Online Gaming