Does God worship a God?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
If one or many gods exist and if humans worship gods, then the logical question would be: Does God worship a God? Does that God of Gods also worship a God? Does the chain ever end? A thrilling question, isn't it? :eek:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
no.
that's just silly.

because now you're trying to divide by zero.
this is like saying; "if God created the universe, then who created God?"
and if you start down that path, you'll never finish. it never ends. there's no answer.

because god created everything.
so who created god?
super god.
well who created super god?
super duper god.
then who created super duper god?

it never ends and there can't be an answer.
therefore it's not worth discussing :p

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
no.
that's just silly.

because now you're trying to divide by zero.
this is like saying; "if God created the universe, then who created God?"
and if you start down that path, you'll never finish. it never ends. there's no answer.

because god created everything.
so who created god?
super god.
well who created super god?
super duper god.
then who created super duper god?

it never ends and there can't be an answer.
therefore it's not worth discussing :p

Logic dictates that belief in 'Gods' is a fallacy because of this very argument.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Under such a scenario one must ask what is the purpose of worship.

I do not consider god to be some sort of ego maniac that demand our worship and obediance. Rather I believe that he asks it of us because it is ultimately in our best interest. He glories in our own success just like parents are proud of their children's success.

I believe such a view also assumes that there is an inherent right way of doing things. Truth that is defined as simply a fact of existance, and that even god is subject to. Hence it only makes sense that god's god would ask the same of him.

Therefore in this way god would worship a god, and so on in a chain that goes on for eternity.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Under such a scenario one must ask what is the purpose of worship.

I do not consider god to be some sort of ego maniac that demand our worship and obediance. Rather I believe that he asks it of us because it is ultimately in our best interest. He glories in our own success just like parents are proud of their children's success.

I believe such a view also assumes that there is an inherent right way of doing things. Truth that is defined as simply a fact of existance, and that even god is subject to. Hence it only makes sense that god's god would ask the same of him.

Therefore in this way god would worship a god, and so on in a chain that goes on for eternity.

Oh go marry your sister :p

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
No Poly. This is another low in Polythreadology. There is no God so the question is obviously pointless and not interesting.

But if I believed in God then I would agree with Kiff here. Pretty pro.

Last edited: