unreal beta (the version with the dragon)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
richardmoust.googlepages.com
annyone found that please reply just making a new topic becouse i think that,s much bether just did found a unreal from 1991.take a look and download if you want it cheerz:p scar.nl
But this new topic is for unreal beta only PLEASE PEAPLE REPLY

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
I get this error when I doble click the Unreal application icon, after it flicks my screen as though I were starting a game, and then goes back:
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\PROGRA~1\UNREAL.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS: 056b IP:059a OP:ff ff ff ff ff Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Guessing I've just got too new a system for it?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
well i got "fini.exe" to work "3d.exe" will open say hit fire to fly so when i hit the spacebarr it goes through the game real fast like highspeed demo then quits and gives complaint bad mem or somthing.

"unreal.exe" pops up a blackscree,then gives complaint in windows.

I used win98 wich is still DOS7, and you have any instuctions here? I think those other exe's are other games.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I remember during my brief history as a sales associate at radioshack, Moby would ship us some merchandise. Usually your run of the mill cables and chords and phones and whatnot. But these guys never made it a point to dress up thier product at all. They usually came in gray, beaten up packages indicating wear and perpetual rejection.

This game looks to be at about that level of quality.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
575424.png

its so "realistic".:eek:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I wonder what's the story about this Unreal from the 1991. Until now, no one managed to extract the Dragon from the 95' tech demo.

Plus, there's an "upgraded" beta of Unreal 1, which contains quite every stuff that Epic made for the game.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
That was totally different game, this Unreal has nothing to do with Epic games. It is the game confused by same title.

However in like 93 or something, there was that Unreal project which was developing other company, but it was 3D, maybe it carried off to this, because it had that one music which was even in 95 tech demo.

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
I wonder what's the story about this Unreal from the 1991. Until now, no one managed to extract the Dragon from the 95' tech demo.

Plus, there's an "upgraded" beta of Unreal 1, which contains quite every stuff that Epic made for the game.

it was done by Turboman i believe , but i dunno if he still have it as he lost lot of stuff some time ago :hmm:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Turboman this, Turboman that.

Yes firestorm will have dragon.

But I doubt Turboman made some beta update. Or did you mean some conversion?
UBerserker was talking about the other official beta..............

All I said was that Firestorm will have a dragon that's based on the one pimped in the pre-release days of Unreal, and it actually works. From what I understand he made the entire model, plus a bunch of others, all from scratch. His idea was to take the concept of the unfinished Unreal Beta Dragon (and a few other elements of the Beta I believe) and actually finish and release them in working fashion. I don't think any Unreal Beta version has a Epic made Dragon that actually worked.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yes I know all that. It is a new model of course.

And some Unreal alphas had dragon, dunno if betas, but even that tech demo had dragon although noone managed to view the model, but it is there really as I viewed the files, though I cannot extract it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Dragons were only in the alphas. Minotaurs probably never seen the light of the day (although we got the big demon face in the Crypt.utx pack and the "Krall" in UT3), while the Gargoyles were never shown (Warlords? Maybe not...).

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There is gargoyle in alpha too, but as well with dragon, you cannot view the model or extract it, unless someone finds a way to.............

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't think so, this is example while viewing it at text editor:
Btw gargoyle seems like it is model name, but actor class is monster.

Code:
Unknown editor mode %i      Editor is disabled      GetCameraLevel: ID_NONE     JWizard     Gargoyle    PWoman  RedDragon   MACRO LOAD NAME=MACRO FILE=..\MACROS\WIZARD.MAC             MACRO LOAD NAME=MACRO FILE=..\MACROS\GARG.MAC           MACRO LOAD NAME=MACRO FILE=..\MACROS\WOMAN.MAC          MACRO PLAY NAME=MACRO       MACRO LOAD NAME=MACRO FILE=..\MACROS\DRAGON.MAC             POLY SELECT MEMORY INTERSECT        POLY SELECT MEMORY UNION

Code:
ACTORCLASS      Trigger     Crush   MoveMode    Accel   Speed   Time    Mover   Keypoint    s_pickup    Pickup  LightVolumeOfs      s_light     Light   Wizard  Dragon  Monster     Woman   Player  FixFrame    CollisionHeight     CollisionRadius     EyeHeight   RollSpeed   PitchSpeed      YawSpeed    Pawn    Fireball    PROJ_BOUNCE     PROJ_VCONST     PROJ_VSEEK      ProjectileFlags     LiveTicks   Projectile      s_camera    Camera  RootPad     Flags   iTarget     iParent     UnusedID    NameID  UserID  ClassID     Draw    ViewRot     DrawRot     Velocity    Location    s_actor     AddParentProperties: %s full        RegisterProperty: Unknown type in class %s          RegisterProperty: %s full       ClassList   cQFL    %05i%s %s                     BSPNODES    BSPPOLYS    LIGHTMESH   LIGHTVOLUME     SVECTOR     FVECTORS    VERTPOOL    SIDEPOOL    %sEND BRUSH
   %s   ROTATION  %s
     %s   SCALE     %s
     %s   POSTPIVOT %s
     %s   PREPIVOT  %s
     %s   LOCATION  %s
     %s   SETTINGS  CSG=%i FLAGS=%i
        %sBEGIN BRUSH NAME=%s
     ROTATION    POSTPIVOT   PREPIVOT    LOCATION    FLAGS=  CSG=    SETTINGS    MODEL   LockModel: %i, point table sizes differ (%i,%i)             LockModel: %i, vector table sizes differ (%i,%i)            LockModel: Already locked!      UnlockModel: Not locked     NewModel: Couldn't allocate resources           N   P   V   Memory grabber initialized: %iK         memInit Memory      memInit Records     Shutting down memory grabber        memGet: Memory record

If no model is there and it's basically an invisible item with some code text, then it's really just a placeholder...albeit one with some codework laid down.

Too bad they never finished it, but meh...The Warlord is better anyway... and Turboman's dragon looks pretty alright. It's basically the same looking thing, only green and not red, and his actually works. Kind of how 7B and oldskool having pretty good working Quadshots.