Will there be another patch/mega pack?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Heh, well ... same old tired discussion again.
I'm not really sure I can contribute to this thread any more than excellent posts like Hedge-o-matic's already do, but I immediately felt the urge to respond when I read this:

"
JaFo said:
It was a mindless rant by an ungrateful little baby who thinks that buying a product after having seen a demo which demonstrated that product gives him a right to complain."

This is just wrong on so many levels it's astounding.
Ok, so let's take this out of the context of whiners, flamebait, nolifers, pr0 status and "empirical evidence" and other things the internet/gaming community has come up with to talk their way out of arguments.
For instance, cars.

You're in the market for a new car and your local dealer has one on sale that he promises you will do 0-60 in 4 seconds, will run 30MPG, and has three airbags.
You buy it, only to find that the steering wheel is completely loose, it will do nowhere near even 20MPG, takes more than 10 seconds to do 0-60 and there are two airbags, only one of which is still functional.

You have every right to complain, assuming you're not living in a dictatorship or obtained your car illegally. Last I checked, both are not the case here.
Hell, even if you are completely in the wrong you still have the right to complain. I can go complain to the government about the sky being blue if I feel inclined to do so.

Please use your head before you make statements like this. The gaming industry is not separated from the rest of the world, we are regular customers, and pre-release trailers and leaks are the gaming industry's form of commercials and marketing. Adding a nice little line "work in progress" or "beta" does not suddenly absolve them from having to tell the truth.

Also, I'm kind of missing the "darkpulse is wrong" tags here. What happened? :S

Last edited:

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
// Beelzebud (Satanas)
Of course there was 'an internet' when UT'99 was released/mentioned, but it sure wasn't the great big hype-machine of today.
IIRC UT'99 and Unreal still had to account for 56k modems ...

Spoken like someone that was too young to have been online in those days. The Unreal community was about 100 times larger than it is today, with numerous fan sites, and many more players online...