A quick dom point!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
How would you get a draw situation? I've played and seen the one team take over all the points and it didn't end. I've seen the points split between 2 teams.

I don't think there is a technical limit on the number of control points. But there is probally a practical limit. 5 might be it.

if you had say two points then the blue team could grab one point and so could the red. therefore they would both increase points at the same rate...ie draw.

just because its unlikely doesn't mean it should be ignored surley?

and your guess of 5 been max sounds right, unless ut is clever, the hud will be a mess.

i suppose you could alter the hud programming to remove the icon, then you could have more space...but then your level would probly be a riduclous size with more than 5 points.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
You must not play DOM much. I've yet to date seen any where each team had a point and started gaining points equally. Even if they both had the same number of controlled points.

Reality is that nobody is that no matter what, somebody else will still try to get that Control Point. Even if it's just for a fraction of a second they can throw the other teams points off because of the time delay before the points kick in.

So I doubt you will ever see a tie in a DOM game. You're much more likely to see very close games instead or a team that comes from no points to winning the game (already done that myself /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )