black screen on exiting Ut with s3tc1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

garynic

Jan 22, 2001
Visit site
Hi currently using 7.17 dets on win me with dx8.0 & a v7700 GTS2 deluxe 32mb card.
Not sure when exactly but now when i exit UT using OGL with S3TC1 high res textures i get a black screen .
This means a reboot.
I can go full screen to windowed mode within UT no probs just cant exit properly.
Any advice gratefully excepted.
GaZZa.

Taker

UT Junkie
Without knowing if your using a card that supports S3TC textures or a opengl.dll like Lokis opengl for Geforces that supports S3TC textures,Try running the game in the same resolution as your desktop.(ie : Desktop res 1024x768x32-UT res 1024x768x32)

If you had stated in your post the type and make of your video card,I could give you some links for more info.
Best I can do for you at this time.
If you would like to email me with more info,I may be able to give you some better advice.
:D