Fanatics of Realism Mods

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phyre

Nov 29, 2001
Visit site
People want realsim on a game called Unreal Tournament because UT engine is awsome, but my fav engine is Tribes2 but it doens't have good mods.

U4e sucks so bad, all you do is camp up high and get 30847329847 frags from being lame with the tomahawk, it's to easy and everyone gun instantly kills.

We want realism mods because you can't be lame in them(unless you aimbot), and the engine is good, and realism is fun, and we like putting sniper bullets in peoples asses.
Aswell as the rush when your about to go around that corner, you don't know if theres someone waiting for you, and how you hav eot be so cautious, always cheaking your back, trying to survive with your beretta(saving money to buy a better gun).

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
hey, we just had a nice civil discussion. Please refrain from "this mod sucks", not once was that ever said about Infiltration.

Besides, the Tomahawk in U4E bites. Too hard to use. I prefer the swords or the Phasor myself.

And no, not "every gun instantly kills." Try playing with the pistols, or the M16, or the Vulcan, or the... ahhh you get my point.

Besides, what's the difference if I kill you with one shot from an Infiltration sniper rifle and one shot from a Fleshbomb Rifle? It's still one shot. One just happens tobe realistic, and one not.

[U2]-SUlfUR-CyCLoNe

The one, the only, RoboCock!..er, nm
Nov 29, 2001
Modesto, CA, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ok, time for me to butt in...

Honestly (after reading the first two pages I'm tired of reading, lol), I love all types of mods. Sure, I didn't care very much for Infiltration, but that's because I didn't find it as fun as many of the other mods out there ( TO, U4E, ChaosUT) but I loved it when it first came out for Unreal :).

I really love U4E, it was my favorite mod for a long time until I played TO (Which I still play a lot, I love that game, kicks more ass than CS ever did). :D

I'd have to agree with Neo on the point that he made a lot earlier that if a reviewer doesn't like a type of mod then he shouldn't have to review it. I, personally, am not really biased towards types of mods, if it's fun, has guns, and is for UT then I'll probably have a non-biased opinion on whether it sux or not. I haven't ever been in any situation like Neo talked about, but I understand his reasoning.

This was certainly an..interesting thread. Still popular though. I'm glad to see that even when tempers began to flare everyone was mature enoug in the end to just laugh it off :). And the media says we're trigger-happy, violent, crazy fools that run around capping their friends. HA! we showed you! ;)

lol

-SUlfUR

people who don't like Realism mods make Fio cry

eri.gif

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
i dont have anything against the realism mods... but i personally have no intrest in them at all...
ive checked out all the main real-military type mods and they just arent as much fun for me, besides i never really wanted to p'play army' so i guess im the wrong audience :)
they mods themselves i think are very well done and creative in the way they are done... and obviously they do have fans...

Last edited:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Besides, what's the difference if I kill you with one shot from an Infiltration sniper rifle and one shot from a Fleshbomb Rifle? It's still one shot. One just happens tobe realistic, and one not.

Looks like you found the answer yourselft. Good job.

Btw...Don I just read your first post in that thread and DAMN i liked it :D

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
You know, maybe the thread would die IF YOU QUIT BUMPING IT ;)

so, who's up for round 2? REALISM SUCKS.... just kidding ;)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
You remind me of my mom. Gotta get the last word in..... ;)

if I lock this it'll die so :p

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
nah lets wait on that for a bit. This is the biggest thread this forum has ever had ;)

anything else to discuss or have we thoroughly beat the living tar out of a dead horse, or what? :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
oh I've seen weirder things, I visit BuF's main OT forum. You can not beat that forum for weird sh*t ;)

Sonic, a U4E coder and a Strike Force coder (how's that for clashing worlds) asked me to say this, in regards to why realism mods are so flippin big:

"In reality, the entire code for SF, zipped, is less than a meg. Thats the code alone. Will ALL of the models, textures, and sounds, its about 55 megs unzipped. The rest is maps and the textures used in maps."

Well, that explains it I guess.

What would be good is if realism mods could make a weapon pack of their weapons for those who would like them (I being one of these people) cause I like the realistic weapons but when it gets too realistic that's what turns me off to it personally.

[edit]This is exactly what C4 weapons is about, and it's getting a rather large fan base.[/edit]

This could be a neat idea, and it wouldn't take much to simply put the weapons, models, sounds, etc. into a separate weapon pack. 55 megs unzipped would be about 25-30 zipped. U4E is a great example of how a mod can be compressed (28 megs zipped, about 60 something unzipped)

Of course they also have player models, code for classes, yakkity yakkity yak...

I don't know, I think it could be a neat idea myself.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
oh yeah, this suggestion drives all the INFers away......

if I had known it would be that easy I would have done it sooner ;):D