Body Armor?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
It would be realistic......most cartridges are potent enough to drop a man with one shot, military ones at least, not 22LR and similar, but even that would probably drop ppl with one shot. Bullet trauma is extremely dangerous, simple as that. Might not kill you, but you'd be in shock and useless in combat.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Xenomorph: Hey, you never know. The plan is for all weapons having the POTENTIAL to kill with one shot by hitting a vital area.

Most of those vital areas can be protected with body armor such as ballistic vests and high velocity plates, but it'll make a hell of differance in regard to shot placement in gameplay.

It encourages people to look for the right angle and take proper aim. Of course, a kevlar vest, while light and offers protection against most rounds isn't going to help you much against AP bullets. Take one though the heart, head or neck and that's it for you.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Shakken, can you give us an idea on how armor is going to work in the game? I'm assuming it won't be the ablative type like in regular UT, so in general terms how will it function?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I hope it will work like in Urban Terror, body armor either stops it or not.

Ofcourse getting shot even with armor would not be an enjoyable experience so some effect should be added to that as well IMO.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Even that isn't totally accurate. Armor does slowdown the projectiles passing through it, even if it doesn't keep them from penetrating.
I'm sure the team will get armor right when they implement it.