Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Holy **** yes! :D Borderlands one of my favorite games of ALL TIME!

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Ooo, minigun
Is that a were-skag in the background?
and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story
I hope so, it got old having to tool all over the place, going to do one mission only to realize another was back by the previous one you finished

Wishful thinking here, but I'm hoping they include some kind of gunsmithing element this time around.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
First Borderlands was great fun and a blast coop. Got pretty boring starting over with a new character for the 10th time but that is expected.

Please for the love of god if you guys pimp the guns again make sure to actually include variety this time. Do not state a million guns available if it is only a dozen guns with 900,000 different stat combinations.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
First Borderlands was great fun and a blast coop. Got pretty boring starting over with a new character for the 10th time but that is expected.

Please for the love of god if you guys pimp the guns again make sure to actually include variety this time. Do not state a million guns available if it is only a dozen guns with 900,000 different stat combinations.

Basically this

buyin dis.

also Lilith and rape bird damn well better be in the game

and this

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Not surprisingly there's a rather heated debate going on about the idea of guncraft/smithing in BL2
Many of those for it are offering ideas on how it could fit in with looting and most of those against would rather eat glass and screech it would kill looting no matter what

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Na, crafting/smithing/whatever would be great for Borderlands! I always thought this while playing it. The "collect pieces of a weapon to get that weapon as quest-reward" missions were a tease towards that end, imo.

I'm glad Borderlands 2 is coming. Loved the first one a lot. A lot more than I thought I would, tbh.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Seriously, a lot of people wanting craft/smithing are offering up ideas on how to keep looting as something viable whereas the anti-craft/smithers just screech it'll ruin looting without anything to back up their statement

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Na, crafting/smithing/whatever would be great for Borderlands! I always thought this while playing it. The "collect pieces of a weapon to get that weapon as quest-reward" missions were a tease towards that end, imo.

Crafting is gay as fuck and barely even belongs in MMOs where it is literally just a means to keep you paying money month to month. You are retarded and your opinion is wrong.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
After five minutes of thought on the issue, I think that I'd prefer a weapon modification system like STALKER rather than a crafting system like Diablo 2/MMOs. Crafting tends to require you to farm an area in order to get one part for a recipe, while modification only requires you to have a suitable gun and a wad of cash.

In the end, I think I'd like Gearbox to first work on better drop/loot tables before they think about implementing a new system that could be unbalanced or broken.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm fine with gun mods or a crafting system. D2's system wasn't that complex, most recipes were basically weapon/armor + gem/rune/jewel. Even something simple like TF2 would be fine.

Although if it were to be something like an MMO... I'd much rather be able to break down the guns into their individual components, like stock, barrel, sight, etc. and mix n' match them as I see fit.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Isn't that what people are already doing?
Craw runs, Farmory, etc
People are already going back to the same area over and over trying to get good stuff
True enough, but the farming examples you mention give immediate results. A crafting system would most likely add more steps to the process.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of crafting, but I would want it to be well implemented. Considering the complexity of modern game development, I'd rather have Gearbox focus their energy on optimizing the existing gameplay mechanics before adding another system that may or may not work well.