Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No, and the people who maybe would couldn't be contacted at all.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I am not sure about their names right now, i think they were in the old pterodactyl software website, I would need to dig deeper for that, however Nick Pelling could theoretically have it but aside from talking to Matthew Kagle in 2009 he stopped communicating later. And he would probbaly not share the psx only build to begin with, even though some of them would if they still had it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Unreal PSX Rework: Rise of Jrath Episode 1 Part 1 Release

After such a long time, the "demo" is finally done and finished. The most troublematic was creating the additional content/coding, there were multiple issues too that I in the end got help with or had to somehow solve on my own and of course the fact that important person left the project didn't make it easy.

Whatever the case this is no longer issue because the pack is out.

Four level "sets" consists of Episode 1 part 1, since part 2 should end with e1l8 levels.
Part 2 will be hard to complete too, due to the fact most levels are missing from part2 as they were not recovered fully, while the other two episodes are mostly complete. I will surely need some help still regarding mesh work etc.
Multiple new items/enemies are present, but new enemies mostly make up the "dream-in-your-mind-like" levels. That is also because e1l3 concepts were heavily unfinished.

New creatures should be good news for certain people, especially the minotaur rework. There is a special secret level featuring big variant of the minotaur also.

Gameplay in the usual levels was kept as intact from original as possible. For those not familiar with the original levels using the low res psx textures, this pack should really feel fresh and new and should be at least of quality of good expansion pack.

New textures, loads of new textures and player skins, some coming from the graves of Unreal developement, some are completely new and fresh.
You are free to use the textures in your projects for example because they are imo worth it. One particular texture set: UPB-Crypt2 was extremely difficult to get hold of the unresized originals, being it old and forgotten texture set from the beta days, a nice "Egyptian/Persian" alternative to the later Sumerian-like Crypt set. This set is not used in the rework but is included here but it plays a large part in part 2 of episode 1.

Enough talking, download links below:

UnrealPSX_E1P1.rar

UnrealPSX_E1P1.zip
Hotfix for the masking problem with Krall under oldskool. oldskool forced sty_none even when not necesary, while I had this fixed in earlier version of upsmon2 to prevent oldskool overriding, this was forgotten when alcapowned updated his earlykrall stuff thus I didn't check for that part again. However it is more of a fault of oldskool because it really forces the change upon one and with custom skins can happen that the mesh will appear full of holes which is not nice. This was only relevant for the old d3d anyway but it was not a good way oldskool solved it.

UPSXpackf.rar

MIRRORS, only use if the UnrealTexture links are dead for some reason, because of limited bandwith:
UnrealPSX_E1P1.rar
UnrealPSX_E1P1.zip

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for this Leo. One question: how does this work with the 220 PSX build that was recently posted by Delacroix (which I assume you had a hand in as well)?

I also want to congratulate you guys on the Emissary work. Very, very cool. I will be getting to that this weekend hopefully.

Cheers!

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks for this Leo. One question: how does this work with the 220 PSX build that was recently posted by Delacroix (which I assume you had a hand in as well)?

I also want to congratulate you guys on the Emissary work. Very, very cool. I will be getting to that this weekend hopefully.

Cheers!
It does not work with 220, the point of this is the rework of the maps so they dont use the original textures and to make it 224-above compatible.
The originals were 220, yes.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I see. Well done mate...well done indeed. Tireless, you are!

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
[align=center]Article about the upcoming PSX title.
[/align]
[align=center]#1[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]#2[/align]
[align=center] [/align]

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
You probably have all this stuff already but here are the mags pics I had handy on my laptop: http://www.gopostals.com/Extra/UTphoto/ BTW, the parent directory has a bunch of files in it if anyone is archiving stuff. It has a lot of my personal work including a lot of my aimbot research, code strippers, etc. Take anything you want.

Last edited:

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
Heh, there are Digital Extreme logos on some of the textures in the UPB-Crypt2. :D
(and there are in UB-Crypt too, btw...)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Heh, there are Digital Extreme logos on some of the textures in the UPB-Crypt2. :D
(and there are in UB-Crypt too, btw...)
Not sure what you mean by UB-Crypt, but I seem to recall dots called it that way in his conversion/rework of the 98 beta maps, however there was this same texture package existing in UT called Crypt2(or renamed to) plus it had detailtextures. Dots didn't apply detailtextures and some mips were off iirc, on distance it distorted oddily.
But as for Digital Extremes, the textures were made by Digital Extremes artist Mike Leatham. So it's not strange easter eggs exist. There are even some guns/items which had DE on them. Can't recall all now, but the flamethrower for example had Digital exteemes written on one of the tubing. (the flamethrower mesh doesn't have anims though at least from what was recovered)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
If anyone still cares about this. I stopped releasing all the separate gun/pawn mods though there is still one (or two) in a queue I want to release but some damn bugs prevent me from doing that until someone gets clever enough to fix it or get enough time.

Unreal PSX Episode 1 Part 2 release is hopefuly scheduled for first half of 2017...realistically I might end up releasing it at first in more split parts before releasing Episode 1 as whole in one big pack.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm posting this new screenshot of E1L5C:

E1L5Cscreen.png

Yes you read that right. The System Shock persona William Bobos did work briefly on Unreal PSX and I incorporated his work into this map as well.

EDIT: Now I realize those odd unlit textures there were meant to be lights but texture wasn't applied yet. This was put together from old 1999 maps really and I can't ever be sure if a newer version existed (probably yes). But only posting this screenshot made me realize I have to change that to give it a proper light texture.
EDIT2: I'm an idiot. It wasn't unlit or meant to be light. It was the spotlight shining from below up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.