Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saigon Lucipher

Jan 21, 2008
Ok saigon hasnt fell off the edge of the earth,only his computer has.I still have a few parts but i am missing.HDD,Mobo,CPU,and PSU.But where the baby will be here in a month i have no extra money.But as soon as i do i may be back.....

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Jason, did you ever get credit for the Expert Chapters. You should be 2 of 4 right??

Technically, yes, I should be at 2/4 with Blood Harvest from last week and No Mercy from when we did it about a month ago. I never did get credit for No Mercy, but it did go to 1/4 last week on Blood Harvest. Now, however, it is back down to 0/4. I'm not sure where to post/complain about that.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
According to L4D.com; the new Survival mode and the addition of Death Toll and Dead Air to VS will be on (or before) April 21st!
Yay! :D

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I just checked my achievements and noticed that I now only have 1 of 4 expert campaigns completed... :rolleyes:
I don't know how much I'll be able to be around this weekend, seeing as I've been on every night this week, but we definitely gotta fix that jazz.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
I'm heading to NYC next week and won't be back until Wednesday night. So I'll won't be doing left 4 dead for a while. Something happend in our NYC office and they called me in to fix it.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I just checked my achievements and noticed that I now only have 1 of 4 expert campaigns completed... :rolleyes:
I don't know how much I'll be able to be around this weekend, seeing as I've been on every night this week, but we definitely gotta fix that jazz.

Lurk if I recall... you only DID complete 1 of 4. You finished No Mercy. You got killed on Blood Harvest and went idle during Dead Air. You read up on it and you'll see that even if someone loads slow and is "idle" during the cutscene at the very beginning of a campaign... they won't get credit for completing the campaign. This is due to the exploit where ppl would join for the finale only and get credit for it. They had to crack down on it. I know it DID say 2 of 4... and I don;t know if it has the ability to go "oh wait, no you didn't"... but it looks to me like thats exactly what it did.

We'll see ya when you get back Morty!

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Survivor Mode: Its pretty fun and tough. The infected are all AI and 4 Survivors have to figure out how to stay alive. I did the Lighthouse map not sure the actual name but its a small level. We eventually figured out the best location to put up our defense and got 8:34 on the timer (silver). The longer it goes the harder it gets. We got on top of the Tanks in the generator room and kept the room on fire as much as possible. Everyone grabbed Auto Shotguns for the tanks and used Pistols and Melee on the infected. The trick is knowing when to jump down and grab another Molotov, after the 4 minute mark its almost impossble to jump down without Hunters and Smokers getting ya. Staying ontop of the tanks is safe, just have to really unload on the Tank when he shows up.. Yes he can climb up but the smokers and hunters didn't seem to get ya up there.

Anyway its a pretty fun mode for a 4 man team, I can see hours of fun for each level.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Yeah, I played Construction site with 3 random nubs, none of which lasted more than 2½ minutes.
The second one I played with 3 bots and lasted 4.01 minutes (also Construction Site).
Seems like we got hit by more hunters and smokers when it was an all human team, but when it was me and bots; I got back to back tanks, and 5-7 smokers...

And it appears that Dead Air is the new "VS du jour", because I had to search for a server using Death Toll to play it. :rolleyes:

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
Damnit...I hate traveling with my POS laptop. I would have hooked up with you guys. Well I'm stuck at the airport and won't get in late tonight. That's as of the last report. Drinking a beer and trying to relax but I just want to get home. Be hopefully back on tomorrow. I hope you guys can show the nube the new options. Has anyone else showed up from the clan?

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Damn, we almost had Gold on The Last Stand. Francis the Bot, what an idiot. LOL

I will be a little late tonite, probably after 9.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
LAN QUESTION

Would anyone know if Bandwidth could be a problem at the LAN?

If we all connect to STEAM and find the Best Available Dedicated Server would this affect gameplay in anyway? Sort of the same question just expanded on it some. We could possibly run a Dedicated Server and connect to that but will Stats and Achievments post to STEAM? Guess its something we could find out. If we connect to the Best Dedicated then folks can still join that couldn't make the trip.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Taz, the only thing reaching out to the internet would be steam itself. When we start a game we would host it locally off one of our PCs. We should all have pings between 5 and 10 then :p

We would have to play on a dedicated server if ppl not in the same room wanted to play. There will be atleast 5 of us for certain at the LAN that have it. And 5 folks connecting thru a comcast cable connection probably won't be too pretty :(

Last edited: