UE2 - UT2kX Vehicle rigging+animation tutorials?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will_B

Mar 22, 2010
Hello, for a while now ive been wanting to get a custom vehicle in-game (Red Orchestra) yet i have never done and rigging or animation for games. I have scoured the web and i actually havent found anything hugely helpful, i dont know the correct processes to get the vehicle in-game, by this i mean how i should animate it, each parts ect.

Would anyone kindly be able to give me some assistance with this, perhaps you have some helpful tutorials which will get me going in the right tracks?

Here are some screenshots of the vehicle (its an Sdkfz 222)

sdkfzclayrender4.jpg

sdkfzclayrender3.jpg

sdkfzclayrender2.jpg

sdkfzclayrender.jpg

Last edited:

kellett66

Apr 25, 2010
hey nice model.

Firstley rigging a Vehicle, there is a good tutorial on the UDN websiote that explains how to rig and set up for Unreal

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/SettingUpVehicles.html

as for animations they are taken care of in the Editor using kismet, you have to link the wheels etc to the body and set there settings to tell Unreal how they rotate and what speed they move etc etc

hope this helps