UE3 - UDK How to send info to a visual basic program?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
Hi,,

I would like to make a program for UT3 that sends the data to MyProgram,,

However,, I dont know how to get the info like: Ammo, Health, Time, ect

Is there a way to do that with Uscripting?

I tried memory reading, but I got stuck at finding the static-address/pointer...

So,, Could someone help me with:

How to find static-address for: Ammo, Health, Time, ect..
or
Sending Ammo, Health, Time, ect. from UT3 to MyProgram)

Please?

Greets, Marco

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Attempting to read memory is a difficult exercice and is usually the domain of hackers that have spent months learning the ins and outs of an OS. If you're attempting to create a hack, this is the wrong place to ask.

However, if this isn't the case, try using TCPLink instead. You can relay all the information to a Visual Basic program using Winsock.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:TcpLink

Here is some source code with a demo using Winsock for a chat service. I'm not sure if HTTP is relevant but I included it anyway.

Attachments

• HTTP.20090430.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 15
  • WinSock.20090402.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 15
  • WinSock.20090423.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
Hi,

Thnx for your reply,,

No, I'm not making a hack,, ( well.. yes i do because im still hacking the game for information??? )

I'm trying to make a application that shows the info from UT3 and send it to MyProgram which sends it to Logitech G15 Keyboard,,

I will take a look at your stuff right now :D

Thnx,
Greets, Marco

Ps. Lowl where is the cheat line? :lol: ( speed edit? :rolleyes: )

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
I don't get how I could get the health by using TCPlink...

Could you help me, Please?

Greets, Marco

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
You need to create a TCPlink class that sends the health value to your program listening on Winsock. Of course, if you're playing online this won't be possible since clientside code can't be executed.

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
Hmm,, Sounds hard,, Is there a sample or something?

Do you mean I must make a script inside UT3?

I'm sorry,, I never programmed something with UT3... So i don't understand it yet :p...

greets,
Marco

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Do you mean I must make a script inside UT3?

Yes. However, if what you want to achieve is to have a program retrieve values while on a server, this sounds risky. I imagine you're trying to get values to display on a logitech g15 keyboard.

Last edited:

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
Yes. However, if what you want to achieve is to have a program retrieve values while on a server, this sounds risky. I imagine you're trying to get values to display on a logitech g15 keyboard.

Yes, it's for the lcd,, I have done it displaying the ammo,, Too bad this didn't happend me for the health value address T-T

I don't know but if u got a G15 I could send you a program for ammo,,

But the TCPlink Protocol sounds much easier to do then finding the memory addresses,, But me, as a Noob in programming, don't know anything about C++, C, C# & UScript... just what I need, I dont know... T-T

Maybe i'm just doomed to keep seaching the whole memory xD,,

Thanks again for trying to help me with this :D,,
I really appreciated that,,

When u need me or a VB6 programmer, I will :D The only thing I can do xD

Greets,
Marco

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I guessed as much. Normally there should be a module provided with a game to display information but it seems that the lcd on the g15 is considered as a gimmick more than anything.

I'd be very interested in any code you have that displays information outside of ut3. I hadn't understood that you'd actually managed to get information from memory. I only know operating systems from a theoretical point of view and there seems to be a few hurdles before you can access information like that. In fact, it shouldn't be possible if memory protection was done properly.

TCPLink is one option that's been brought up since UT2003 removed any possibility of writing native libraries. It makes it possible to communicate outside the game on localhost/127.0.0.1 or to a distant server. However, unreal games have a minimum of security and running code like that on a client is something that shouldn't be possible since it gives a way to hook scripts into the game with the possibility of controlling player input and displaying information that shouldn't normally be there. It's also a good way to get banned off a server if detected although I've heard that UT3 is designed such that making effective anticheats is an even more difficult task that it was previously (don't quote me on that though).

If you've managed to get one variable, I'd continue that on that route. Just take into account that your program might break if it's installed on another Windows OS that doesn't manage memory in the same way.

My e-mail: iamfearless@gmail.com

Last edited:

marco208

Nov 14, 2009
I sended you an email with the stuff about the ammo memory,, (I though the email was for that?)

Just begon wondering, why you are intrested in the address?