A realistic FPS (Well sort of)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Sometimes things come from the oddest directions. Finally there is a game with NO crosshair and iron sites right out of the box. The game features: NO hud, NO futuristic firearms that don't exist, NO ammo counter, NO health packs that instantly restore hitpoints, in fact you can only treat wounds with a specific item e.g. splint for a broken leg or a bandage or stiches for a cut or bullet wound and then you are still hurt. What is this game? The soon tm to be realeased Call of Cthulhu game from Bethsoft.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
0_o
mmm.. If it's realistic then i don't care if they got zombies. Just the other day i was thinking about a Sci-Fi Inf-like game. So like Aliens (or other nasties) but then first person and realistic weapons, movement etc.
With a live commander to guide the troops and voicecom.

Someone whoop up such a mod for ut2k4 pls. ktx.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Actually it's realistic in that pile crap in front of the door and run kind of way. Shooting it out with the horrors from beyond space is generally not a good option. No werewolves and zombies here. One of the chalenges of the game is trying to hold on to your sanity. Losing your sanity has some interesting effects.

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
zeep said:
0_o
mmm.. If it's realistic then i don't care if they got zombies. Just the other day i was thinking about a Sci-Fi Inf-like game. So like Aliens (or other nasties) but then first person and realistic weapons, movement etc.
With a live commander to guide the troops and voicecom.

Someone whoop up such a mod for ut2k4 pls. ktx.

OH YES PLEASE! :D

I'd be more than happy to help out with such a project :) An inf-style sci-fi game would be excellent. If set in the Alien world, it'd be even better. Imagine Co-op... Fighting hundreds of nasty Aliens in a dark, humid, Giger-esque nest... Only to find out that they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell to survive.

I'd love that :D

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
yay a believer! :)

Okay, i'll be the sound-, and creative input guy. Need a co-producer tho, i tend to get carried away with ideas and need a slap in the face now & then.

But seriously, i cant wait for a mod like that. I believe it would kick ass.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
As {GD}NTKB as. FREE FLOATING iron sites is required.

Actually I want to know because if it doesn't I plan to buy stock in monitor companies. Imagine all those other FPS players marking a cross hair on their monitor in the middle of the screen.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I think i heard of such a concept being in development for ut2003 some time ago. I don't know what happened to that.