2.9 bonus pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

punitore

Dec 23, 2003
hi! about this great bonus pack, i hope you make possible aim (weapon at shoulder) with g36 without looking throught optics. come on guys, you see that Duke made his automatic rifle with this feature, should be great have an official weapon with this feature. like M16 can add M203 and ACOG,SIG551 can add LAM and ACOG,like famas add ACOG and silencer, G36 should have this feature, 3 aim ways: 1 weapon lowered, like other rifles, 2 ironsight, 3 optic. thanks! bye!

colt 1911 is great, hope PDW will be the " lighter submachine gun " of INF armory, but what's about other weapons? i mean, i lke them, uzi is my favourite, but WHAT will make UZI different from an MP5 or a PDW? and what will make G3A3 different from other rifles?
hope you make weapons " different " from others. in bulk, in fire rate, in reload time, in attachments,in something :) bye!

PS: what's about different ammunitions? i mean, as "new 40mm " and " M16A4 " mutators show us, it should be not sooo hard for you great omnipowerful coders , make new ammo types for existing weapons! like tracer to see balistic curves of bullets, or incendiary rounds, or what u planned to do :) thanks again, bye

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Duke and the team, along with a handfull of the 2.9 beta testers are working on making sure the weapons and maps gets the attention they need and deserve. As for specific features, I'll leave it to the team to go into details, if they want to.

It's a bonus pack, an addon. Not a total conversion of 2.9. What you see is what you get. Both Duke and the team have done a great job on it. Once it's released you'll get what you see.

There is a thing called feature creep. I don't think we want to keep this going for a year or more. So, you might as well forget the features you requested. The team and Duke will decide what features will be included.

Dr_Strangelove

http://www.jeremycox.com
Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
The G36k aimpoint works much like the MP5 one does. You can then use the function key to switch to the scope. The Mini Uzi is great fun to use because it isn't much larger than a pistol, but fires 800 rounds a minute... just watch out for that recoil. The G3 is 7.62mm, so it has quite a bit more power than a 5.56, particularly at longer ranges. But, the G3 only has a 20 round magazine and significant recoil.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Dr_Strangelove said:
The G3 is 7.62mm, so it has quite a bit more power than a 5.56, particularly at longer ranges. But, the G3 only has a 20 round magazine and significant recoil.

That's why god made single fire. =)
i'm hope'n that it's essentially the PSG minus the scope, but with a faster reload animation. ahh, be nearly the perfect hunting rifle for those pesky mutant mutators.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
DEFkon said:
That's why god made single fire. =)
i'm hope'n that it's essentially the PSG minus the scope, but with a faster reload animation. ahh, be nearly the perfect hunting rifle for those pesky mutant mutators.

I want a hunting rifle. For so long i have dreamed of something similar to a PSG-1 without a scope (well i'd actually prefer the Robar, since i just love that bolt cocking feel :D ), a true test of accuracy and mouse agility.

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
I love the bonus pack, should add a great deal of variety. But I have a couple of stupid questions. Are those real diopter sights? On the G3, the rear sight look so well modeled and skinned, it almost looks like we might be able to adjust the rear sight (ie for longer ranges) kinda like what we do with the HK69 ;) Is this currently possible? Please note this is not a request, just idle curiosity.

Dr_Strangelove

http://www.jeremycox.com
Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
ravens_hawk said:
I love the bonus pack, should add a great deal of variety. But I have a couple of stupid questions. Are those real diopter sights? On the G3, the rear sight look so well modeled and skinned, it almost looks like we might be able to adjust the rear sight (ie for longer ranges) kinda like what we do with the HK69 ;) Is this currently possible? Please note this is not a request, just idle curiosity.

Nope, we had talked about it (briefly) but figured it would require much more work than we wanted to put into it.

PBH

Waiting for Armageddon
Jan 2, 2004
ohio
GenoOfTheCrayon said:
Derelan, me and PlasticBagHand were in the process of making one like that, an iron sighted RC50, but he still hasn't gotten me a model to work with, so...
With my crap modeling skills,lack of time, exams and a 10 day vacation coming up, if I were you Geno ask another modeler like bush,ecale ect... I would love to do it but it wouldn't get on your screen for another year:p

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
clarification:
- MiniUzi fires 1700 rounds per minute not 800.
- G3A3 does not kill with one shot... there is more than the caliber to determine the 'power' and damage done of a weapon or better its fired projectile. So you cannot simply say that it has to have the same damage as the PSG. (no need to start a discussion about this now)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Beppo said:
- G3A3 does not kill with one shot... there is more than the caliber to determine the 'power' and damage done of a weapon or better its fired projectile. So you cannot simply say that it has to have the same damage as the PSG.
I am sorry but I don't see how the SAME bullet, exiting a very similar gun at the SAME speed can do a different amount of damage.

G3A3
Caliber: 7.62 x 51mm NATO
Muzzle Vel: 800 m/s

PSG1
Caliber: 7.62 x 51mm NATO
Muzzle Vel: 800 m/s

Please tell me why! :( I reeeally hope it isn't for some lame "balance"

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Of course it's for balance!!!

If it weren't for the wonderful "issue of balance", we would have:
1)A reasonable bulk for the socom and it's accessories + a properly alligned front post (thanks UN17)..
2)An M249 that fires proper bursts..
3)A few other things.....

As you see KW, without this balance, people that are skilled with certain weapons would be far too good at INF and would therefore make the game un-fun. So, that should explain why your "Super-Gun" is being balancified.

Somebody must've written to senator {GD}Wolfe about this.....

:lol:

On a serious, non-sarcastic note....

Why the 20 rnd mag? A friend of mine has a G3 and I've only ever played around with the 30 rnd mags. I was under the impression that the assault rifle was commonly fitted with the 30. Was this done because the 20 was already in-game and it was just going to be silly to have two of the same kinds of mags/making it possible to determine which gun gets which mag?

Bonus pack looks awesome guys. Can't wait to use it.

P.S. Thank you Uncle Duke.

Last edited:

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
What site did you pull those muzzle velocities off kw? There's a 20cm different in barrel length between the two weapons you know, so I doubt the muzzle velocity is the exact same. Give a reference please.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
[LD]CrAcWhOrE said:
On a serious, non-sarcastic note....

Why the 20 rnd mag? A friend of mine has a G3 and I've only ever played around with the 30 rnd mags. I was under the impression that the assault rifle was commonly fitted with the 30. Was this done because the 20 was already in-game and it was just going to be silly to have two of the same kinds of mags/making it possible to determine which gun gets which mag?
The main reason is (probably) that 30-round magazines for the G3 really aren't used by any army. I've certainly never heard of anyone using 30-round G3 mags in either Norway, Sweden or Germany's armed forces.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I could bring up the "Desert Eagle" trump card (or even the .40S&W chambered MP5) on issues of "milispec"......

...but I won't.

Well, since I don't live in Europe, that might explain it. Everybody I know that uses G3 mags uses 30 mags here. Thanks for the clarification.

Q 1: Will the G36k make use of the 100 rnd Beta mag?

Q 1: Will the MP5 PDW be able to use the aimpoint that was displayed with it in years past?