Boycott Fileplanet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
I thought the waiting thing was a pain, but then I just realized you don't have to wait unless you try to download something in the middle of the day. Get your downloads in the mornings and later evenings and there is no wait to be seen, simple as that. And like everyone else said, the idea of boycotting Fileplanet is just plain stupid.

Copernic

Jun 27, 2004
I'm really not into flaming but this is quite outrageous. Some of the guys that posted in this thread might as well wear a t-shirt that reads: "gimme some more abuse. where do i sign?".
"FilePlanet provides an essential service to us". Los Pescados, you don't really believe that, do you....Cause i'm missing where the essential service is when a company is using a monopoly so you don't have an alternative for downloading a file.
"Yes, please boycott a free. That makes perfect sense to me." What a sad attempt of irony. If it doesn't cost you money that doen't mean it's free. Believe me, those ads that you see for 184 minutes bring money to fileplanet. (boy, they even have a "show me another ad" button, in case you really think you should be more helpful to them). Your presence on that site means money for fileplanet. Why do you think you need to register? So they can charge more for the ads they're posting.
"You guys get so pissy about downloading stuff thats free, provided from a free service". Did it ever occur to you, BlAcK_PlAgUe22, that i want to be able to choose if i want to get that free stuff from fileplanet or someplace else? Please, do not use the word "free" when you talk about fileplanet. The people that work to create those files are offering them for free (now that's a service) and file planet would have you wait in line for hours watching ads (of course, you could also PAY to get a free file).
I only got 2 files from fileplanet (about 100MB each) and every time my download stoped at 99%. After the hours of waiting, of course. Talking about what i should call a service. But, hey, it's free so i shouldn't complain.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
Copernic said:
I'm really not into flaming but this is quite outrageous. Some of the guys that posted in this thread might as well wear a t-shirt that reads: "gimme some more abuse. where do i sign?".
"FilePlanet provides an essential service to us". Los Pescados, you don't really believe that, do you....Cause i'm missing where the essential service is when a company is using a monopoly so you don't have an alternative for downloading a file.
"Yes, please boycott a free. That makes perfect sense to me." What a sad attempt of irony. If it doesn't cost you money that doen't mean it's free. Believe me, those ads that you see for 184 minutes bring money to fileplanet. (boy, they even have a "show me another ad" button, in case you really think you should be more helpful to them). Your presence on that site means money for fileplanet. Why do you think you need to register? So they can charge more for the ads they're posting.
"You guys get so pissy about downloading stuff thats free, provided from a free service". Did it ever occur to you, BlAcK_PlAgUe22, that i want to be able to choose if i want to get that free stuff from fileplanet or someplace else? Please, do not use the word "free" when you talk about fileplanet. The people that work to create those files are offering them for free (now that's a service) and file planet would have you wait in line for hours watching ads (of course, you could also PAY to get a free file).
I only got 2 files from fileplanet (about 100MB each) and every time my download stoped at 99%. After the hours of waiting, of course. Talking about what i should call a service. But, hey, it's free so i shouldn't complain.

foamingwash_new.jpg

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
last post: 2nd Oct 2001, 05:12 PM :lol:

this seems to happen quite a lot recently... :confused:

Copernic

Jun 27, 2004
geogob was in the wrong place again. Does it make any difference when it was posted? And if so why did you post? I can't seem to find the relevance of your intervention. Other than showing off what a bigshot you are. You show those morons that can't read a date. It's so good to be you, isn't it?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Copernic said:
Does it make any difference when it was posted?

Considering that most of the persons involved in this thread are no longer around, considering that fileplanet has changed alot in 3 years (including the issues we had with it at the time), considering that the whole issue went around the distribution of an earlier version of Infiltration (which is now distributed by at least 10 other sources), I guess we can say that yes, it makes a differences.

Next time you create an account on a forum to post a single post, you should at least make sure you post anything usefull. We all know that Fileplanet is free, but that it also suck... saying it is about as usefull as starting a thread saying "Hey this is a thread".

So... I've feeded enough trolls for one day... time to let this thread die... again.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Copernic said:

Shut up.

Hurin

-SkillZ
Mar 13, 2004
Maybe the inf team could make money by hosting it own server with adds, instead of file planet.
This way 2 things are accomplished.
a. file plant is boycotted
b. sentry studios makes money

Hurin

-SkillZ
Mar 13, 2004
GEt lots of people on your server and lots of advertisments, more hits and more pop ups = money