If UT4 was announced...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I want it to be a game I can play over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
Like UT2004 :)

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Whereas I think doublejump is boring cause it means you have to take longer to jump the normal height.

Double jump gives you some degree of variable jump height. This allows you to do a lower jump over small obstacles without having to expose yourself by jumping maximum height. Double jump also allows you to extend your airtime if timed right.

Although I kinda prefer the double jump that I've recently created. One that allows you to extent your airtime just enough to encourage frequent aerial combat.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
UT2004 rebuild.

-Less dumb grungy, desaturated GOW-esque environments.
-Less over-detailed meshes. (keeps fast paced focus at it's best level)
-More Sci-fi themes, less dumb catwalk meshes.
-More clean area themes.
-Very decent use of lightmass.
-Better weapon balance.
-Complexer movements, more skills involved.
-Less gimmicks. (gimmicks are for anything but UT games) (IE: Titans, Spider mines in DM)
-A ****ing decent UI, options, accessibility.
-Long therm AI development for the best human-like AI possible.
-Competent staff working on UT4.
-And more importantly, polish.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Ever try to double jump then dodge? Or double jump as opposed to dodge forward for greater distance rather than speed? The double jump does add a little bit of flexibility...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I can't think of a "decent" publisher, I'm not sure if that even exist. But I know that some are more trust worthy than others..

Ever try to double jump then dodge? Or double jump as opposed to dodge forward for greater distance rather than speed? The double jump does add a little bit of flexibility...

UT3's movement flexibility is based on the classic UT. It's not a bad thing necessarily, but I doubt playing on 10 years old game mechanics is everyone's cup of tea. At least it didn't work for me, the whole thing that kept me in UT3 for a longer run were the vehicle gametypes, since Epic had put more focus and effort in that branch.

Dodge jump wasn't bad at all, nor was the shield gun in my opinion. In fact, it made respawning in TDM less stressful. UT3 makes you far more vulnerable, probably even more than it is in Halo's.

awergh

Apr 12, 2008
I never thought spawning was much of a problem except the start of a game with lots of players on a small map, Fractal is always more fun with more players :) ok maybe no one agrees but thats not my problem.

I didn't like the shield gun, I much prefer the Impact Hammer, theres no ultra fun launcher to be had with the shield gun. Assault just isn't right without launching, and UT is not right without Assault either.

No idea about Dodge jump never used it maybe cause I like in UT99 land most of them time, the problem with UT4 is that not everyone can be happy cause you have the UT99 people and the UT2004 people and you can only please one group not both, any attempt to please both will fail unless you can have mutators to give people one way to play and others another way.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If the next UT is anything like UT2004, particularly a "UT2004 rebuild", I will not buy it or play it. UT2004 was only a passable game and Epic would be foolish to make a follow up for it.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
And here is the whole problem for UT. One the one hand, the people who prefer UT movement style (Myself included), and the other the UT2KX movement style. Since you cannot please both, then you have to find a third hand somewhere.
Because obviously taking the first hand you had did not work... I remember some forum things. Not pretty. D:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Leave the crazy jumping dodging crap to the consoles with Unreal Championship.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
If there's another retarded UT2k4-style game I'm out. Terrible! D:
I'll even ask for -shrug- Unreal 3 instead of it, and I never want a U3 to exist in the first place.

Fullbleed's idea is the best one anyway.
He's always right.

Last edited:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I'd rather take a single jump over 2k4's double/dodge jumping. That way it wouldn't be floaty. UT3 even seemed a bit floaty to me. Every time I get close with the flak cannon, everyone starts double jumping all over the place. The animations for it haven't looked that great, either.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Leave the crazy jumping dodging crap to the consoles with Unreal Championship.

UC2's dodging system is a little overboard.

Though not as much as this game.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUQuqC06p4[/m]