Bring back 4 teams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you like to see 4 teams return?

• More teams I say!

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • 2 is enough!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I still like toast!

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Actually it won't matter if the game is relatively bright!
how do you know it wont be that dark?

Leave the Zebras alone!
They've have one of the best colours schemes in the animal kingdom!
Red and Blue are bit boring at this stage, i hate having to look at red and blue blobs without any variation!

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Yeah, even CS has red and blue.

Terrorists have a "red theme" and CTs have a "blue theme"

If you have ever seen the epic brightskins in UTcomp, you can make your opponents purple. I am pretty sure that there is no purple charater skin set, and I think this is done through some sort of projector system. Why not just make the enemy annd team colors choosable, so that we can still have good looking skins that won't make people bitch about lack of visibility, and are not as boring as red/blue?

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Exactly my point,

or even too choose from any two colours to use on each team for even more variety then again! This works very well in 40k: Dawn of war

Any solution with more than red and blue as colours suits me fine!

I don't think that any gametypes with set "bases" should have 4 teams, but only gametypes like DM and cDOM which have no bases should have the option of 4 teams. Anyone who goes "oh noes you can't have 4 teams that would require extra maps!" are ignoring DM, LMS, cDOM, etc...

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
To have the option to change skins in a pick and mix style means losing a gerat amount fo detail int eh skin because the colour changing effect isn't usually as precise as simply changing the texture. It's dodgy and makes for a poor skin, it works in Dawn of War because the models/textures are small.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
On th other hand, it wouldn't have to be so.
Character are created with a base texture map in UT2kx
Then someone comes along with photoshop or something and basically changes the colour of specfic parts of the skin to blue or red, to create to seperate skins for each character model blue or red!

To have adjustable textures, create one black and white texure map that maps out the area that will be recoloured on that model, and then you have a set of sliders for adjusting the colours for this map.
the same system is used for the HUDs in all the UT games.

It would work flawlessly on skin maps down to the tiniest detail you want/dont want coloured, it would speed up skinning models you've created, as now you only have to create on greyscale map to create all team colours.

Having two adjustable colours would be the logical next step and wouldn't prove much more difficult. You could even create your own greyscale team colour maps to create interesting patterns on you character and so on..........................................

CyMek said:
If you have ever seen the epic brightskins in UTcomp, you can make your opponents purple. I am pretty sure that there is no purple charater skin set, and I think this is done through some sort of projector system. Why not just make the enemy annd team colors choosable, so that we can still have good looking skins that won't make people bitch about lack of visibility, and are not as boring as red/blue?

unless there is no UTcomp on ctf 4, u find most players will just forcemodel a purple gorge to be able to trace the player easier, especially without hitscan weapons, so while people who dont force model, colour its cool, alot of the better players wont really give a **** on the colour.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
I was under the impression that the 4 teams might come back in 2007. I was looking at pictures of the new Goliath and one of them was sand colored and one was Green. I'm hoping the green was the team color and not camo. But i vote yes for it reguardless, cuz I love fast pace Chaos :).

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
From the BU site:

Conquest Gametype Information

* Features eight teams, each with unique armor.

Now, i'm not sure whether they mean skin themes, like nakhtis, mercernaries and such. But i hope they mean it like red, blue, green, gold teams and such.

4 teams or more for the win. :D

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
The more teams the merrier... jk 4 is kool... and making it a defaul thing would mean all modded skins would need 4 colors or no colors to have any teamcolors....